All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Focus problems with fullscreen

Gwen

I am having issues with running Pinballx in fullscreen.  It works properly other than the fact that when I am running in fullscreen mode Pinballx does not release windows input focus  to the app being launched without alt-tabbing.  To clarify, what I mean is  that if I hit the flipper buttons, which are also used to cycle the pinballx wheel it rotates the wheel and if I hit start it tries to launch another table while the one I just loaded is already running.  If I run Pinballx in windowed mode it launches the tables properly but will only display the backglass in a window, so either way it isn't working as I am sure it is intended to.

I am running Windows 10 64 bit and will be happy to provide any other necessary information.

Any suggestions?

14 minutes ago, Draco1962 said:

What about fullscreen windowed mode?

Fullscreen windowed is behaving the same as exclusive fullscreen

I just did some more testing with Pinballx and interestingly I find that I am only having the input focus problems with Future Pinball.  Also I find that even if I alt-tab to the table my inputs are still registering on the Pinballx panel.  Pinball FX3 and Pinball Arcade are behaving as I expect them to.

I am using fploader.exe to launch tables with.   I have double checked my paths etc. for future pinball and everything looks as it should.  Pointing at the BAM folder for the working directory as opposed to pointing at the root with a copy of fploader.exe in it seems to make no difference.  

So I'm not sure what else to look at.

Are your monitors prioritized correctly?  Your playfield #1...ect.   This will result in oddball focus issues.  May be part of the reason you are losing your playfield to the void of being offscreen.  

1 minute ago, BrandonLaw said:

Are your monitors prioritized correctly?  Your playfield #1...ect.   This will result in oddball focus issues.

Yes they are.  This is not a display focus problem, it's an input focus problem.  The tables display just fine but pinballx is recognizing input from flipper presses on the table and cycling the wheel and launching tables when there is already a table running.

1 minute ago, BrandonLaw said:

For shits and gigs have you tried giving admin to FP and taking it away from PBX?

No but it's worth a shot I guess.

5 minutes ago, BrandonLaw said:

For shits and gigs have you tried giving admin to FP and taking it away from PBX?

OK - so I tried it and it and taking admin permissions from pinballx fixed my problem.  So thanks for the help!

Gwen

• Like 1

• Draco1962 changed the title to [RESOLVED] Focus problems with fullscreen
  • tthurman locked this topic