All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[NEWS] GameEx 15.30

Tom Speirs

Never explored the create snaps and videos function of GE. However, sounds awesome. What would be aces would be a hotkey to turn it on/off during browsing in GameEx. Scene being: you have most of the assets for a system, but you find one game that hasn't got a snap/title/video. Being able to turn it on whilst you run the game to grab to media and then turn it off again once you return to GE would be amazeballs. Kinda hotkey idea. Now, if there could be some kinda handle in the plugin system, I could easily build this into GEmvoy. 

GameEx and GameEx Arcade Edition 15.30 released.

• Create snaps and video screen recording has been rewritten. Video capture now records in mp4 format and external driver and software capture methods are supported. There is a new section in the setup wizard for video recording. Geforce experience has been tested to be working. It is also much more responsive to cancelling the process and ffmpeg.exe is required to use this feature now.
  • Creating video snaps is no longer a registered version feature.
  • GameEx arcade edition now has an optional 64 bit version as part of the installer. Note: Some plugins may still require the 32 bit version.
  • Several input issues were fixed

View the full article

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, stigzler said:

Never explored the create snaps and videos function of GE. However, sounds awesome. What would be aces would be a hotkey to turn it on/off during browsing in GameEx. Scene being: you have most of the assets for a system, but you find one game that hasn't got a snap/title/video. Being able to turn it on whilst you run the game to grab to media and then turn it off again once you return to GE would be amazeballs. Kinda hotkey idea. Now, if there could be some kinda handle in the plugin system, I could easily build this into GEmvoy. 

Ignore what this muppet is saying. Alternatively, a setting or default that only does a grab for game with missing media. 

7 hours ago, stigzler said:

Ignore what this muppet is saying. Alternatively, a setting or default that only does a grab for game with missing media. 

Ignore that pillock. He's got no idea what he's on about...

As you were, nothing to see here.. :/

@Tom Speirs

Me again with another input issue (maybe?) since upgrading.

Upgraded to version 15.30 last night and loaded up GameEx to make sure all was okay, noticed that the dpad UP on the controller was intermittent - the when navigating the menus, all other directions and buttons work fine but when you press up this does not respond, HOWEVER if you hold down UP on the dpad the UI select bar starts moving up. Experiencing this on a Xbox 360 and Xbox One controller, the dpad UP functions fine whist in a game. I have not changed any input settings or any other setting as a matter of fact since upgrading, literally 5 minutes prior to upgrade I was on 15.27 and had no issues with the dpad UP in the GameEx UI.

@Tom Speirs your update note includes " Several input issues were fixed", not sure if this has had some knock on effects.

Anyone else experiencing a similar  issue?

I've attached my custominput.ini.

custominput.ini

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 5:36 AM, kemikal said:

@Tom Speirs

Me again with another input issue (maybe?) since upgrading.

Upgraded to version 15.30 last night and loaded up GameEx to make sure all was okay, noticed that the dpad UP on the controller was intermittent - the when navigating the menus, all other directions and buttons work fine but when you press up this does not respond, HOWEVER if you hold down UP on the dpad the UI select bar starts moving up. Experiencing this on a Xbox 360 and Xbox One controller, the dpad UP functions fine whist in a game. I have not changed any input settings or any other setting as a matter of fact since upgrading, literally 5 minutes prior to upgrade I was on 15.27 and had no issues with the dpad UP in the GameEx UI.

@Tom Speirs your update note includes " Several input issues were fixed", not sure if this has had some knock on effects.

Anyone else experiencing a similar  issue?

I've attached my custominput.ini.

custominput.ini

Yup.  Problems here too.  Just upgraded and now two out of three of my sticks no longer work in GameEx.  I don't have time to investigate or post my config at the moment...perhaps sometime tomorrow.

On 5/31/2018 at 9:19 AM, tthurman said:

You likely to have vastly more success if you post your own thread vs tacking it onto one of Tom's news releases!

Please provide your gameex ini and log.

Please open a new thread and attach your gameex.ini and log.txt files!

Thanks Tom.  15.31 fixed the joystick issue.  Still can't access my Daphne games any more at all in my custom menu though.  Neither from within a group (as described in another post), nor even as a separate list (using item type 31).  Did the indexes for Daphne lists in custom menu change?

Hey Tom.  Since you've got my config files above, I've found another issue with 15.31.  Seems that after I play certain games and return to GameEx, that all the menu sounds (clicking and the select "chime") go silent.  Sound related to video clips continues to work, but none of the menu sounds work until I exit GameEx and restart.  So far it hasn't happened with MAME arcade games, but I've been able to reproduce it pretty reliably with non-MAME games like Visual Pinball and ColecoVision (which, interestingly does use MAME as its emulator).