All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Real DMD during gameplay

Pablo Smiraglia

question: are "real color dmd images/videos" supposed to play during gameplay? they play well within PBX, but they allways go awaaaay regardless of emulator. i have tried both the hiding dmd or not setting in game list manager. ive never seen them play outside pbx, but I'm just now trying to get images up for non dmd tables (this is why i need the description parameter passed to the launch before script).

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

A quick test of 3.04 32-bit showed great results. Real DMD images and Videos (including the default videos) play on the real DMD when DMD hide is set to False.

on a related note, the first time I exited a table that was playing a static png on the real DMD, I got a .Net error (see attached file). only happened once, so I'll keep an eye on it.

thanks!!

IMG_9979.jpg

Tom,

I think 3.04 re-introduced a problem I had in the past. At some point, after exiting a table, the Real DMD remains blank while in PBX. you can still launch tables and pinmame fires the DMD up. The only way for PBX to recover the Real DMD is with a reboot. In the past, I believe this was due to a dll conflict. are xdmd.dll and xdmddevice.dll new in 3.04 ?

the attached logs show PBX not trying to fire the DMD when starting, and then successfully starting it after a reboot.

pablo.

log.txt

log.txt.old

PinballX.ini

Sorry, I am not sure I follow you, can you explain in a bit more detail what you mean?

Are you referring to the new feature or something else? Obviously there will be conflicts if you have hide dmd turned off and try to launch a pinmame table.

I am also having an issue all of a sudden.    While in PinballX my PinDMDV3 is displaying the default  PinballX DMD video as expected.   When I start a VPX table I get no game  DMD now the PinballX one continues to run    If I run VPX directly the table's  DMD function fine.   I have never had this issue before.   I replaced the dmddevice.dll and two XMD DLL's with the ones from Lucky's SAM build as I always in the PBX directory but still no go.  I have also gone through every EXE and DLL to make sure nothing is blocked.     It appears PBX isn't releasing the DMD on startup of VPX now.  I will post my log and ini files tonight when I get home but just wanted to post this as it might be related to what Pablo is seeing.

4 minutes ago, GAH1068 said:

I am also having an issue all of a sudden.    While in PinballX my PinDMDV3 is displaying the default  PinballX DMD video as expected.   When I start a VPX table I get no game  DMD now the PinballX one continues to run    If I run VPX directly the table's  DMD function fine.   I have never had this issue before.   I replaced the dmddevice.dll and two XMD DLL's with the ones from Lucky's SAM build as I always in the PBX directory but still no go.  I have also gone through every EXE and DLL to make sure nothing is blocked.     It appears PBX isn't releasing the DMD on startup of VPX now.  I will post my log and ini files tonight when I get home but just wanted to post this as it might be related to what Pablo is seeing.

This is due to a new functionality. You need to set “hide dmd” to true for the game in the xml or game manager.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tom Speirs said:

Sorry, I am not sure I follow you, can you explain in a bit more detail what you mean?

Are you referring to the new feature or something else? Obviously there will be conflicts if you have hide dmd turned off and try to launch a pinmame table.

Not with the new feature. 

Often now, when returning to PBx from vp, the dmd just stays off.  You can still launch a table and pinmame will turn the dmd on just fine.

The log shows that pbx is not even trying to start it. Te only way to recover a with a reboot.