All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

All things Atari VCS Thread

Draco1962

I applaud those of you that have embraced and ran with your various Pi projects. This appeals to me for the reasons you've mentioned but potentially short cutting some of the effort in building a system from the project board up.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

WOW! Just effing wow!

This was once just a steaming pile, then it froze, calved off into the north Atlantic, and now Atari set a collision course! Sound the alarm...abandon ship! The SS Atari is headed strait for an Ice burg of frozen Shiz.

What the hell are they doing!

My god. I've finally become officially old. I have no idea what all that means. I mean, I get the broad business or crypto-currencies, but that's on another level. 

Wasn't the 2600 originally designed to play pong? Think they may have lost touch a little.....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm still on board patiently waiting.  The idea of them skipping out on a court summons does sound scary though.  Without knowing details, there's probably a good reason.  Mixed up dates, travel issues from covid-19, maybe the guy was sick?  I mean, if Atari was serious about this, they would have at least made some effort to send in SOMEBODY to be present.  Can't you get by with even just a lawyer representative?  This all comes after Atari is announcing backer news with additional streaming service support with retro gaming, indie gaming, etc.  I'm sure if Atari loses out on a court case, and possibly goes belly up from it, at least the backers should be protected with Indigogo to get something.  They said consoles will be in our hands by October to get full testing and real reviews out in time for Christmas.  Still, fingers crossed this is just a small blemish, even though the blemishes are adding up to a nearly crippled old man at this point.  I'm still hopeful.

The thing that really stands out (to me) about this fellow is the fact he was already coming in behind the original "brains" behind the project, who I believe is also suing them because Atari execs cut some ridiculously unrealistic royalty agreement with him.  Now this no show stunt really has to make you wonder exactly what is going on.  Atari has backed themselves into a corner, taking pre-orders at places like Wal-Mart. then not delivering....oh boy!

Then again, maybe Wal-Mart ends up owning Atari and it all works out in the end. 

Regardless, they've gotten themselves in with the big boys and may have no other option that to file for bankruptcy in order to bail out of this massive nose dive they are in.

I have to say this entire scenario certainly ran through my head as I was buying into the arcade book backing on Kickstarter.

Yup I saw that in my email today.  Not really impressed.  The same info as always, no big reveals.  I'm actually surprised, since this is an FAQ (FREQUENTLY asked questions) that the most frequently asked questions weren't asked...  "why so many delays with no detailed information" and "can you guarantee that the company is not bankrupt and will still be able to put the VCS into the hands of your backers by October?!"

How does the joke go?

What's the difference between Santa, mermaids and the AtarVCS? Nothing, they're all make believe!

This is a Ponzi scheme! I knew that the moment they started talking about Hotels. Make up the Atari VCS, take orders. When the money runs out, make up another idea and take investments to finance the VCS. When that's done make up another idea to finance the hotels. This escalates until the promises are too big to deliver and it all topples. Someone's going to jail at the end of this, but should be going sooner rather than later...to avoid many more people loosing money. This is fraud IMO.

• 1 month later...

Giving ATARI money for the VCS is like giving bum's money for food. You hope that's what they'll do with it, but all the evidence indicates otherwise.

2 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

I forget, what's the definition of insanity again? Oh yeah, I remember now - Believing anything ATARI Says!

Like I said:

On 8/1/2020 at 4:36 PM, RIP-Felix said:

What's the difference between Santa, mermaids and the AtarVCS? Nothing, they're all make believe!

So go ahead and boot up your santa tracker...or do noting at all...because it's the same thing!

WHAT?

Image for post

NO! IT'S CGI I TELL YOU! C...G...I