All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

pass [DESCRIPTION] as parameter

Pablo Smiraglia

Tom, is it possible to pass [DESCRIPTION] as a parameter to a launch before script? the help tip in the settings tool suggests i should be able to, but it does not seem to be  implemented. this is what i'm trying to implement:

REM add dmd image. if not dmd table try image or default
IF NOT exist "c:\Pinball\PinballX\Media\Visual Pinball\Real Color DMD Videos\%2.mp4" (
      start "" dmdext play -f "C:\Pinball\PinballX\Media\Visual Pinball\Default Images\No Real Color DMD.png" -d pindmdv3 -p com3 --no-virtual
      )

thanks!

Btw, I am now away form the cab so I cannot test, but I wonder if the issue is with passing 2 parameters (eg would passing just DESCRIPTION work?) I know that  was never able to pass anything other than tablefile in the past (I tried with type and manuf). I can test this in a couple of days. Txs.

The log shows PBX passing the parameter correctly, though you can see form the cmd output that it is passing the variable name instead (CMD has no knowledge of the variable name, so it is clear that PBX is passing it... I don‘t think there is a quotes issue on the cmd side.  maybe a quotes issue in my settings?

log.txt

• 2 weeks later...

FWIW, the use case I had for this feature is satisfied with 3.04's introduction of Real DMD images/videos during game play so, technically, I don't need this any longer. It would be cool to have this working though... If you decide to address this, I would still help test.

thanks again,

pablo.