All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Miss labeling and not showing games

MichaelC1985

Hello all,

I'm having a little trouble with my Arcade edition setup.

I seems to not be able to find Primal Rage, i know MAME has found the rom and i know MAME can play it but when i go in to Gameex it doesnt show.

Also it seems to be mixing up Double Dragon with the Neo-Geo one. I have deleted the neo-geo double dragon rom but it still shows up.

I'm sure im just doing something silly, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael 

Hi Michael, sometimes GameEx can be a over-zealous in filtering. But it can be told what to do/not do.

Using Setup Wizard, go to MAME Settings, then go to Don't Filter These ROMS.

As described "Never filter the following ROMS (They will always appear in the list) Separate with a semi-colon."

Example: pacman;splatter

If you do not desire to see a particular game, while in GameEx, you may simply select the game and hit Delete. If you have the ROM name you may manually enter it under Game Filter via Setup Wizard as described:

"Apply a filter to the MAME game list. Seperate words to filter on with a semi-colon. Any game name descriptions that contain these words will not be shown in the game list if the GameFilterOn setting is enabled."

The GameEx wiki, while a bit dated, still contains some good info from where I drew the verbiage here.

http://www.gameex.info/wiki/index.php/Category:GameEx_Setup_Wizard