All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Pinball Arcade DX11 launch from PBX

hlr53

Long time no see. Didn't play much since Christmas. Is it possible to launch the DX11 version from PinballX? I don't care about launching individual tables but need the DX11 version to launch to use DMDext. Still running v2.6 something. Should I upgrade to the latest and greatest? Nothing is broken except I would like to launch DX11. 

I changed the executable in Settings to PinballArcade11.exe (tried this many months ago) but PinballX launches the appID of 238260 which is the DX9 version. Farsight, in their infinite !(wisdom), never created a separate Steam ID for the DX11 version. Not sure how to do the workaround without scripting, of which I have zero knowledge.

Yep, that sounds like a great idea. I can add that to the batch file that runs when PBX starts up to run JoyToKey. Then, run a second batch file to rename them back when PBX closes down. This way there are no issues when PBA does an update. I'll play around with it this week.  Thanks!

Also need to update to the latest PBX. 

--Harry

• 1 month later...

I'm launching via NoEx's TPAFreeCamMod.exe now and it launches DX11 automatically, so I didn't fool around with renaming. I just launch PBA and pick a table in their menu system. 

Why doesn't PBX launch it (always launches DX9) and FCM does? Not a dig on the software just curious.