All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Play Audio for Video Snaps and Music/Jukebox, Simultaneously

thetrueyuiop

Hello! Previous to 2016, I believe that the default behavior would have been that: any audio present in a video snap would always play when browsing ROMs in an emulator folder, regardless of the presence of any other audio within GameEx.

For years, I had been wondering what changed in my system that could have interrupted this expectation. But, after finally trying to figure it out and dig around, I found this post, semi-confirming my suspicions that a change to the build of GameEx must have occurred around this time:

...Anyways, although some may argue that simultaneous overlap of game "snap / preview" audio on-top-of background "music / jukebox" audio may be cacophonous, I'd rather prefer it.

1. is this possible in GameEx's current (05/15/2018) build, and if so, how?
2. in the very least, is it possible for game snap / preview audio to be played INSTEAD-OF or otherwise cross-faded-over (thereby selectively muting the background music as long as the cursor is on a snap'd game) without first having to cease playback of background music?*

*presently, this is the only way that I am able to hear game "snap / preview" audio. Unless I first completely stop a background music track, snap audio will not play (even if the background music volume is at 0).

ps. I currently have LAV Video Codecs 0.71 installed, though I can confirm that the symptoms were identical in LAV 0.68 as well.

log.txt

GameEx.ini

At present it is not possible as you have noted. You referenced a post in which another workaround was provided - of course it may not be viable depending on your setup.

Not a codec or other functionality issue with your setup. You will probably need to submit your request as an Enhancement here.

hmmm... I can't seem to get it to work. I can get GEmvoy to open, but I get a ton of "unhandled exception" errors, and none of my settings save. Also, the "show debug" option doesn't seem to do anything, so I also do not have a way to allocate the pages I'd like the tracks to be active in... Any advice?

@thetrueyuiop

Yeah - shoot the bugger who wrote that pile of crap.

Oh wait - that was me! If you get Gemvoy up and running, it'll be able to do what you want. 

Not sure what's going on as haven't had others reporting lots of unhandled exceptions. Few questions:

a) You running GameEx or GameEx Arcade?

b ) Is GameEx up to date - there was a recent hiccup via SlimDX, but most recent version has this fixed. 

Lastly, post any error messages, alongside the corresponding Gemvoy Log here:

http://retrorigs.biz/Mantis