All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

not able to record or screen capture

Pablo Smiraglia

upgraded to v2.90, and I'm not able to record or screen capture:

* tried from front end and game mannger

* tried with or without gpu (nvidia) driver capture

* trid vpx only 

*  capture (S) and   ecord (v) keys do not conflict with vpx keys

* gpu capture keys (alt F9) works well independently

* ffmpeg.exe placed in c:\pinball\pinballx

PinballX.ini

log.txt

Untitled.png

Could you please post a log when you are actually trying to record?

What exactly happens?

Doe the game manager actually launch pinballx?

I will try to add some more logging.

It should be noted though that by default it won't overwrite existing files. Could that be it?

Could you post the log with the game manager session please.?

Ill add some more logging and post an exe for you shortly.

Only thing I can think is existing file or if its a custom list from game manager it may not work. Same issue as the favorites you pointed out.

Sounds like it is not that though. Its not even loggint the FFMPeg command line which is strange.

I'm out of town now, but should be able to try again later this week. Note that I have also tried launching from PBX, not just launching form the game manager.

also, because of the custom lists behavior, I'm also keeping system lists, so each VP game is listed twice like I've done forever. 

Is this a pitch to 2.90 or 2.91? I dropped 2.91 while away from the cab. I should be back by the end of the week. In the meantime, can you clarify what the right workflow is to record from game manager and from pbx ? Is recording automatically started and stopped when triggered form game manager ? Does the record key work when launched from pbx only ? 

In my screenshot above, have I configured the Nvidia record keys (ALT+F9 in my case) correctly ? The setup tool only took ALT and F9 separately, so I’m not positive it will react to concurrent presses (as Nvidia expects)

When launched from game maanger it then should be automatic. If launched from pinball it relies on the hot key from PinballX. Normally V. Not the same as Alt-F9. When the capturing process is complete in both cases it will exit the game. You may just not be waiting long enough.

The extra logging is included in 2.91 so that is fine to use that.

The path videos\captures is what I have configured in GEForce. is it possible to just grab this path and start/stop keys from registry ? in any case, I cannot test further as I cannot configure ALT.F9

on a side note, since 2.90 I notice that about 20% of the time I launch VPX, the topper video freezes, and about the same number of times (though not necesarilly at the same time the topper freezes, VPX does not get focus and I have to ALT.TAB. I have to go down to 2.89 for now.

with 2.94 i was able to trigger video recording with nvidia, and it successfully recorded the playfield in 1080p. it did not record the backglass, log attached.

is this supposed to capture the backglass video? 

trying to record after launching from pbx works too. it did not overwrite an  existing pf recording at first (see log). after deleting the pf recording, it succeeded. (see log 3).

Additional comments:

* the videos are recorded as tablefile.mp4  >> it would be great to have to option to save as description.mp4

* tables are captured/encoded in HD format >> it would be great to have th eoption to capture in 2k, and encode in HD, 2k or 4K

i did hit a bug though: after succesfully recording and exiting the table PBX came back up but, although it was "sitting" in the "clones" list, it was reading the "pinball fx3 xml" (ie listing games in the pinball fx3 list, while stating thecurrent list was "clones"). all media was missing. I exited, reloaded pbx and everything looks fine. I'm attaching my xmls for reference (log 3 shows both the successful PF record and the return to PBX.

I then disabled "GPU driver capture" and this time around both PF and backglass was captured (see last log).

Looking good!

another thing i noticed is that the loading images now show when exiting the tables back to pbx. not sure if that is by design...

log.txt

log.txt

log.txt

Databases.rar

PinballX.ini

log.txt

Ill look at the bug. GPU recording should not affect recording of the back glass or DMD and it works for me. It does check they are set to hidden in the XML and that they are visible (enabled). It also won't work if PinballX is running in windowed mode which is basically just for testing anyway.

Is the focus issue still present?

I think the loading image is a direct3d display issue. The image should be disposed.

strange about GPU recording... for teh same table, same XML entry, it did not capture BG when enabled, but it did when disabled. I have a real DMD, so I cannot test LCD DMD capture.

I have not hit the focus issue since upgrading, and I have probably launched VPX from within PBX over 30 times.

I run PBX in windowed fullscreen mode as I have found it less troublesome than fullscreen in the past (one of those things where it solved a problem and I never went back).