All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PinballX DirectOutput Plugin Failing [RESOLVED]

coreduo0099

Hello, could use a little help...

Details:

1. 4 screen setup, feedback, 2 ledwiz, one for focefeedback one for non addressable leds
  2. Using 3rd party add-ons dmdext, doflinx, PUplayer
  3. PinballX plugin is not working, vpx, fx2, fx3, FP all work with DOF
  4. What Version of PBX are you on? 2.86 (happened with 2.84)

So a few days ago it seems my DOF stopped working. I can't attribute it to anything in particular unfortunately.  DOF com is registered. I run as adming ,is says it is registered. Then I validated it in regedit, but the plugin manager says "Error! DirectOutput framework not found. Make sure the DOF com object is registered."

Plugin log says:

18.05.11 02:10:53.280 Initializing DOF
18.05.11 02:10:53.296 Init failed: Could not create a instance of the DirectOutput framework. Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {A23BFDBC-9A8A-46C0-8672-60F23D54FFB6} failed due to the following error: 80040154.
18.05.11 02:10:53.296 . Stack:    at PinballX.DOFManager.Load()
   at PinballX.DOFManager.Init()
   at PinballX.Plugin.Initialize(IntPtr InfoPtr)
18.05.11 02:18:51.234 DirectOutput PinballX Plugin, version 3.1.6656.21457, built 2018.03.23 11:55

Thanks for any help

PinballX DirectOutput Plugin.log

DirectOutput PinballX Plugin.xml

PinballX.ini

[SETTINGS].log

log.txt

GlobalConfig_PinballX.xml

DOFLinx.log

Hmm.. I think I figured out part of it..

I originally installed to "E:\Emulator\Pinball emu\PinballX"

I had created a shortcut From E:\Emulator\Pinball emu\   to    E:\Emulator\Pinball_emu\

If I launch E:\Emulator\Pinball emu\PinballX\PinballX.exe DOF fails (and the plugin tester fails)

If I launch E:\Emulator\Pinball_emu\PinballX\PinballX.exe DOF works  (but the plugin tester still fails)

I re-installed to E:\Emulator\Pinball_emu\PinballX\PinballX.exe and the behavior is the same..

On 5/15/2018 at 9:34 AM, Draco1962 said:

Is the shortcut set to run as administrator?

My bad, I checked again and it is a shortcut to a .bat file which contains the following:

start "" pinballx.exe

PinballX.exe is not set to administrator.  (but I tried it both ways).. just kind of bizzarre...

• rablack97 changed the title to PinballX DirectOutput Plugin Failing [RESOLVED]
  • rablack97 locked this topic