All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Pinball Arcade Loses All Bally And Williams Tables

Draco1962

Read all about it here . Wow. Just wow.

Below is the full list of games that are leaving the collection:

• Spoiler

• The Addams Family
    • Attack from Mars
    • Banzai Run
    • Black Knight
    • Black Knight 2000
    • Black Rose
    • Bram Stoker's Dracula
    • Cactus Canyon
    • Centaur
    • The Champion Pub
    • Creature from the Black Lagoon
    • Cyclone
    • Diner
    • Doctor Who
    • Dr. Dude & HIs Excellent Ray
    • Earthshaker
    • Eight Ball Deluxe
    • Elvira and the Party Monsters
    • F-14 Tomcat
    • Fathom
    • Fireball
    • Firepower
    • Firepower II
    • Fish Tales
    • Fun House
    • The Getaway: High Speed 2
    • Gorgar
    • High Speed
    • Hurricane
    • Indianapolis 500
    • Jack Bot
    • Judge Dredd
    • Junk Yard
    • The Machine: Bride of Pin•Bot
    • Medieval Madness
    • Monster Bash
    • No Fear: Dangerous Sports
    • No Good Gofers
    • Paragon
    • The Party Zone
    • Pinbot
    • Red and Ted's Road Show
    • Safe Cracker
    • Scared Stiff
    • Sorcerer
    • Space Shuttle
    • Spanish Eyes
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation
    • Swords Of Fury
    • Tales of the Arabian Nights
    • Taxi
    • Terminator 2: Judgment Day
    • Theatre of Magic
    • Twilight Zone
    • White Water
    • Whirlwind
    • WHO Dunnit
    • Wild Card
    • World Champion Soccer
    • Xenon

It is no secret that Farsight screwed the end-users by dangling the "cab friendly support" carrot for several years, only to later admit the really had no intention of doing so for licensing reasons.

They aren't gone yet. They still have Stern Pinball Arcade. Could be that was the straw that broke their agreement with the holding company for Bally and William's. It isn't like they were doing much more development on PBA to matter.

I will stick with Zen Studios and VP10.

1 hour ago, ClassicGMR said:

I read that article and immediately made sure the pinball executable is blocked in my firewall. They're not "down-dating" my Pinball Arcade.

I don't think that is a concern. I believe that it only prohibits sales after June 30th. Where addressed in the various articles on the subject, it was stated that it will not impact current purchases.

Yeah all I know is one day I might wake up and find my system updated because Williams suddenly decided to release their own collection and had the Williams Legal Goon Squad force Pinball Arcade to remove their property that's no longer under contract. I'll leave it blocked. :)

It doesn't work that way.

All the tables have a lease, think of it as a DHCP lease.  They must "phone home" every so often to remain active.  After so long of it being blocked they are going to stop working anyway.

Sorry to burst your bubble, it was a condition of the tables being included in the license agreement in case something of this nature happened.

yeah right

Remember how they teased cabinet support and it never came? Well I just got the newsletter and it's been released... As a $149 add-on. Only until June 30th though. Fuggin' savages.

https://www.arcoodapinballarcade.com

I will be getting the last pack before the time runs out to complete my set, and it's still a great sim. This whole thing bummed me out and the $150 cost of cabinet support is like a slap in the face.

Iget it though, 20 months in development and now they have a little over 45 days to recoup their costs. I'm sure it would have been much more reasonable if they were working a long term solution. I'm sure it's not fully ready even.