All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] How to make a game collection menu ?

Rochabian

I like a lot the Hyperpie collection system, wich is able to display a list of games from differents emulators sharing the same theme.

For example, i want to display a menu called "Sonic Collection" displaying all the Sonic Games to i want to include and launch them correctly even if they use different emulators (and not duplicating my config)

Is there a simple way to do this ?

I can do this with the seach module, searching for Sonic Games, but i want the list to be persistent and editable

Any idea?

Thanks

I'm not sure how you would do this natively without duplicate emulators... Unless you maybe try to leverage the new snap in modules. But even then you need to know some programming.

Nothing out of the box like that though.

Not sure if it would work, but could one setup an emulator for every emulator  that had Sonic games, and point to a folder with the specific roms for Sonic Games, then combine them under an emulator group?

I've thought about that Draco, but i'ts very complicated and needs duplicating of roms, emus, etc

I was more thinking about perhaps building a database for a collection or an xml file to be able to do this without duplicating files

Perhaps it could be a future feature but i can't see how it should be regarding the Gameex file structure....

It should not result in duplicating emulators if you are running, say, an emulator for Sega Game Gear for all Game Gear ROMS, the second one for just the Sonic titles would use the same emulator path, on different ROM path for the ones in the specialized collection. Asset paths for box art, etc. could still be shared with the main emulator.

4 hours ago, stigzler said:

@Rochabian - It's straightforward - just use this:

If you watch the video, I've done this for Tekken and Final Fantasy.

I think that's what you were asking for? 

Don't know how you sneak these past me. Does it work in GameEx Arcade?

It's funny how the developers here forget to plug each other's work. Lol

I've gotta try this thing out @stigzler. It's a pretty nice bit of code, and there's lots of times I wish I had this feature on my rig.

4 hours ago, Adultery said:

It's funny how the developers here forget to plug each other's work. Lol

I've gotta try this thing out @stigzler. It's a pretty nice bit of code, and there's lots of times I wish I had this feature on my rig.

Yeah. Guess I should do what others have and make a pinned topic of all my plugins and apps. Would make it easier for others to browse. 

3 hours ago, stigzler said:

Dunno. I don't use ge arcade. It leverages custom menus. Guess try it and see? 

Can't without custom menus to leverage the list created. Dammit.

7 hours ago, Rochabian said:

@stigzler Does the games that can be put on custom list are obliged to be set as favorite before ? I can't find a way to pick up games directly from emulators list. It only displays favorite list

Err - hope I'm understanding your English right as it's a bit ambiguous. Yes - process is - add games that you want on a Custom List to your favourites in GameEx and then assign them to a list in the Custom Lists configuration. Video of how to do this, here:

Yeah. I put in an enhancement request to enable custom menus a while back. Not sure if it can be implemented due to the flat menu structure. Buggers.