All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Topper videos/ JPG [RESOLVED]

cjordway419

ok i need some help here. i have tried everything and looked everywhere but cannot get this fixed. i have a 3 screen setup , virtual dmd. My topper pics and videos work in pinballx frontend with no viewing issue. When i start any table type(vpx,fx2 or 3) video and or picture is working but is a black screen.  I have tried running as 3rd screen dmd and topper both have the same results. Here are my files

1. Give a brief description of you sytem setup (2/3 screen setup, feedback, addressable leds)  3 screen setup
  2. Are you using any 3rd party add-ons (dmdext, doflinx, PUplayer) i have dmdext setup but not all working exactly right
  3. Define which emulator you are having issues with (VPX, Future Pinball, FX3) VPX fx2 fx3 pba
  4. Is the issue table specific or an issue for all tables? If so please state the table name. all tables
  5. Does this issue occur only when launching the game via PBX? yes
  6. What Version of PBX are you on? v2.86
  7. Attach your Pinball X xml, ini, and log files, DO NOT COPY THE CONTENTS INTO YOUR QUESTION, attach the actual files.  

PinballX.ini

log.txt

[SETTINGS].log

Videos may not work due to display (DirectX conflicts). That is just one of things. If this is specifically a topper issue. I think I need to address something. I will take a look and get back to you or fix it for the next release. It would really help if you could confirm if it just affects toppers or backglass DMD too. You can switch the displays around to be sure.

Also be sure be both image and table match the table file name exactly. 

It may just be one of things due to directx conflicts and its hard to know as you are new and its never worked for you.

Just an fyi i also tried using the dmd setup too but i can only get videos or still pictures to work during the front end pinballx but the screen shows black once the game is started. What is wierd is i can see it is running by hitting alt tab (again black screen) and when i try to put my mouse arrow on the third screen in game it goes on the third screen like its behind the running file.

The other issue i have is dmdext but im not sure if i am in the right forum for help with that

I have seen this happen today. 

1- video topper showing while on the FE

2- launch VPX table X

3- VPX starts, I can play, video topper is blank

4- exit VP, return to FE

5- video topper showing while on the FE

6- launch vpx table X (same table as before)

7- VPX starts, I can play, video topper is showing

I cannot reproduce at will, but I know it happens less than 10% of the time. I meant to capture the logs, but as they rollover when PBX starts, I was not able to. Will try to remember next time. On a related note, is there a setting to allow the log  not to get overwritten when pbx starts ?

On ‎08‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 10:46 PM, cjordway419 said:

Just an fyi i also tried using the dmd setup too but i can only get videos or still pictures to work during the front end pinballx but the screen shows black once the game is started. What is wierd is i can see it is running by hitting alt tab (again black screen) and when i try to put my mouse arrow on the third screen in game it goes on the third screen like its behind the running file.

The other issue i have is dmdext but im not sure if i am in the right forum for help with that

Did you turn off the Hide Topper setting in the game manager?

Thanks fro looking into this. i am still having the issue. so im not sure if it my install or my hardware. I am really frustrated bcause i see many people with the videos playing on seperate screens while the are playing. oh well again thanks for trying

By chance what foler are you putting your videos in

Also for fx2 and fx3 if you want videos to play during gameplay you have to be in borderless window mode in fx2/fx3

I don't use the topper folder / function at all.

image.png  Game manager

image.png

In vpx, go  to backglass and hit s to bring up the settings make sure dmd is visible, place your videos in the DMD VIDEOS folder. see if that works.

• rablack97 changed the title to Topper videos/ JPG [RESOLVED]
  • rablack97 locked this topic