All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PinballX monitor Display Issue [RESOLVED]

goodGRIEFF76

1. Give a brief description of you system setup (2/3 screen setup, feedback, addressable leds)

PC Build parts

Graphics card - EVGA - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB GDDR5X PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card

Storage - Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E250B/AM)

RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 Desktop Memory Kit

Processor - AMD Ryzen 7 1700X Processor

CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15 SE-AM4 Premium-Grade 140mm Dual Tower CPU Cooler for AMD AM4

Power Supply - Seasonic M12II 620 BRONZE ; SS-620GM2 80Plus Power Supply

Motherboard - ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero AMD Ryzen AM4 DDR4 M.2 USB 3.1 ATX X370 Motherboard with AURA Sync RGB Lighting

Playfield - Acer UM.ME0AA.001 ET430K 43" LED LCD Monitor - 16:9 - 5 ms

Backglass - LG - 28" Class (27.5" Diag.) - LED - 720p - HDTV

DMD - Dell Demension 19" Monitor

2. Are you using any 3rd party add-ons (dmdext, doflinx, PUplayer)

No

3. Define which emulator you are having issues with (VPX, Future Pinball, FX3)

Not having any issues with emulators at the moment.

4. Is the issue table specific or an issue for all tables? If so please state the table name.

No issues with tables at the moment.

5. Does this issue occur only when launching the game via PBX?

No issues with tables at the moment.

6. What Version of PBX are you on?

Version 2.83

So I tried each display option from display 1 to display 5 and PinballX only recognizes display 1 and display 2 as monitors.  Anytime I change anyone to display 3 through 5 it just puts it behind display 1 playfield...as you can see it when you exit PinballX.

I got the backglass to go to display 2, but it will only display there if I change "Use DIRECTB2S in Front End" option to "Yes".  If I mark it "No" it moves the backglass to display 3 monitor and utilizes files in the PinballX folders.

Also, for what it's worth I was starting to think it has to do with what kind of input connector I have for each monitor as well as the order they are plugged into the GPU.

My GPU (evga geforce gtx 1080) has 4 slots in this order:

Slot 1: DP in   -    Playfield w/ (direct dp to dp cord)

Slot 2: HDMI  -    used to have DMD w/ (VGA to HDMI dongle) - slot now EMPTY

Slot 3: DP in   -   Backglass w/ (HDMI to DP in dongle)

Slot 4: DP in   -   DMD w/ (VGA to HDMI dongle) then (HDMI to DP in dongle)

Any and all help is much appreciated as I've been banging my head against the wall for almost a week on this.

PinballX.ini

log.txt

I've only seen a few differences in his ini that mine doesn't even have, one being the the option to input the NVRAM path, my settings wizard doesn't have have the option to input that.  I'm wondering if I should delete the entire pinballX and reinstall it.  I'm not seeing the solution for my problem as it's not the order, it's the fact that PinballX doesn't even see my 3rd monitor.

Ok, so I finally figured out the issue.  I have a 4k acer tv for the playfield, a LG tv for the backglass, and I used an old Dell Dimension monitor I had laying around for the DMD.  After over a week of pulling my hair out trying to track down the issue...I went into the spare bedroom and drug that tv down to replace the Dell Monitor to see if that was the case.  Turns out for whatever reason, that was the issue.  The Dell Monitor was VGA out and I used a VGA to HDMI dongle, and then also a HDMI to DP dongle.  What is odd is it worked for VP, but for whatever reason PBX just didn't recognize it as a display.  

So long story short for those having issues like the one I just had...if you're using an old monitor that is VGA and you're using dongles for it and having issues in PBX, try replacing it with a spare tv in your house just to rule that monitor. 

You may want to upgrade to v2.86 as you are now a few versions behind and there have been some changed with regards to display. They may not help your current situation but you should be current none-the-less.

Yep - Download and install over the top of current. Never a bad idea to backup your Configuration folder just for peace of mind, but generally never a problem.

• Thanks 1

• rablack97 changed the title to PinballX monitor Display Issue [RESOLVED]
  • rablack97 locked this topic