All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Star Wars Episode I Racer available from GoG.com for $8.49!

Draco1962

Thanks for the heads up!  I just bought it.  I remember when it first came out, it was being demo'd at MicroCenter with a Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 joystick.  I was instantly impressed and bought it then, along with the joystick.  Got a lot of great game play out of it.  Then, sadly, we had the fire.  I saved the joystick and USB cable for it, but I forgot it required a separate power source and didn't save the cord.  So now I've got the joystick stuffed away in my closet never being used.  I suppose now's as good a time as any to try and find a replacement cord and clean up the stick for use again.

Check this out. https://www.qoo10.sg/item/NEW-US-EU-2-PRONG-PORT-AC-POWER-ADAPTER-CORD-CABLE-FOR-SONY-PLAYSTATIO/561686015

So long as the end that butts up to the joystick is correct it should work.

EDIT: Here is one a little more reasonable...

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-PlayStation-Power-Adapter-Cord/dp/B00HALLIUS

I hope that helps. I have one myself. While MS doesn't support it with its custom drivers for Win 7+, it is a great stick.

Bought mine for playing flight sims.

I love the Force Feedback.  It's not just a rumble, but literally fights you some times.  I just wish I could get something like that in a steering wheel to play on Xbox/etc.  I've looked into it, and PlayStation has one for ++ $k.  I just don't have that kind of money to drop for a force feedback wheel.  Not to mention I don't have a PS4 or anything.  When I get another day off, I'm gonna have to search around and see if I can find the drivers and stuff to reinstall my stick.

Were you able to replace the power cable? I haven't hooked mine back up yet to see if the force feedback works with SWR. Maybe sometime this weekend.

Geesh I really missed the boat on this one. these things have a cult following.  I just watched one on ebay described as "great condition, buttons work flawlessly" go for $28.50 plus shipping, that also did not have the power cord.  From there they just go up in price anywhere from $50 to ridiculous numbers.  One is on Amazon with Amazon fulfillment for $599.00.  Apparently, the red edition really commands a hefty price.

One guy on some flight sim forums had modded his  FF2 with a Saitek Cyborg stick (<what I have), so people take this stuff seriously.   A terrible shame MS turned their back on PC Gaming so long ago.......

12 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

Were you able to replace the power cable? I haven't hooked mine back up yet to see if the force feedback works with SWR. Maybe sometime this weekend.

I've been too busy with work and stuff to even get a power cable yet.  Today is supposed to be my day off, but I still have to go in to work today because nobody is scheduled to write the order for tomorrow's truck.  There's something every day...

By all accounts, it seems the precision 2 is the same stick minus the force feedback.

Seems these suffered from some static issue back in the day supposedly because of the metal bottom (?????)....how big of a deal is it.

Cool, thanks!

Force feedback has always seemed a bit of a gimmick to me, although I admit it's a pretty neat effect on the Logitech Driving Force.

Assuming that's the only difference (which I'm not sure it is in the Sidewinder case) it seemed like a decent gamble for sixteen bucks.

Got my $7.67 Sidewinder 2 last night.  The thing seems almost like new.

Is the throttle control really loose on the FF2 version?  It has no resistance at all like my Saitek does.

Plugged it into Win 10 Pro and it was instantly recognized.  Calibration went without a hitch.

Yes, loose perhaps not such a good description.  The fit is good, no wiggling, but the movement backward and forward has no resistance.  It's as if it's not attached to a potentiometer.

The review on Toms indicated the same.....