All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PinballX v2.85 - Topper "No Topper" default image and video support [RESOLVED]

Draco1962

Some of you may not have read the news:

Very easy to implement - just obtain or create an image or video file to display for the topper into C:\PinballX\Media\SYSTEM NAME\Default Images or C:\PinballX\Media\SYSTEM NAME\Default Videos respectively and name it No Topper.png (image) or No Topper.mp4 (video). 

I have confirmed that this works flawlessly with both image and video files. Thanks Tom!

Actually, it has an undesired side-effect. I have plenty of topper videos and now the no-topperimage takes precedence so videos stop playing when you launch the table. Removing the new images solves the issue, but I’m afraid they will be replaced every time we upgrade. This did not happen with the system-wide no-topper image.

We should have a way to either switch this off.

Similar with the no-BG image... I may want the BG video to keep playing rather than switching the the PBX logo and then to the table BG. What if I want to use the PBX BG video as the backglass ?? Particularly useful for FX2 and FX3

Can you explain in further detail? I experienced no instances where the default images or videos  overrode the presence of an existing image or video properly named the same as the ROM or game name.

Tom will need to confirm if upgrades will replace the files if you remove them. 

If you are using this thread to report an error, you need to attach copies of your pinballx.ini and log.txt files.

When you use toppers, the topper video takes precedence while on the FE, then switches to topper image, if existing, when launching the emulator. If you only have video, then it plays while on the emu. With the new no-topper image in place, videos will always switch off.

to test: place a topper video, no topper image for a given table, then launch the table and you should see the video switching off. INI and logs are irrelevant as there is no error, just pointing out functionality change.

Thanks again for your helpful testing Pablo. Is fixed in 2.86. Available in 10.

You are right that is not desired behaviour and does not happen now with 2.86.

Also in 2.86 Game Manager no longer requires admin privelages (runs as admin).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I found some images of the inside of playfields and backboxes that I have used for sometime. 

Thanks for the quick response on fixing the issue @Pablo Smiraglia encountered. I was not able to reproduce it, but my setup may not be quite the same due to the limited number of systems, etc.

• rablack97 changed the title to PinballX v2.85 - Topper "No Topper" default image and video support [RESOLVED]
  • rablack97 locked this topic