All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

v2.83 Startup Video Crashes PBX on Startup

jimmay3

When I shell into pbx on boot, none work.  If I run from a shortcut, then I have 1 that works, 1 never and 1 sometimes?  Attached are the video properties of each, is there restrictions on frames rates, resolution or?

I can run a pic with audio, but the audio does not start till pic times out and goes to the menu, then the audio gets cut off if a table on the menu has audio.

Just trying to get a simple pbx emblem on a video to come up with some music to open on boot.

Capture.JPG

If opened from a shortcut or when opened automatically during logon (option selected in settings), PBX works ok with one of the 3 files, one file always fails and the 3rd is random.  Works perfect every time with a just a pic and/or audio options.  Only issue is with the sounds; sound option does not play simultaneously with a pic or video, will start after the pic/video is completed and will get cut off once the 1st table preview starts to play audio, so really only plays for about a half a sec.

When shelled (bypass windows logon and opening explorer, boots directly to pinballx.exe) via your latest version on Instant Sheller v0.8, it plays the video perfect and then always crashes  with any video file.  The pic and audio options still work perfect, except sound issue above.

Seems like something wrong with the video option, I recall some update on startup video listed in the past month or two.

Will try a few diff video formats and frame rates, is it setup for any specific format?  seem to recall reading a frame rate less than 15 fps, any restrictions?

Instant Sheller Link and settings used:

https://www.gameex.com/instant-sheller-and-shelling-guide/

InstantSheller-settings3.JPG

I thought there was a note about a startup video fix some time ago, but I guess it was startup audio:

PinballX 2.60 released:  Startup audio and GameEx online is working again.

• 2 weeks later...

Just ran a fresh Win10 install and still have this issue with Startup Videos crashing PBX on startup (only tested with the automatically start via settings, no shelling).

Startup Audio also gets cut off as soon as 1st table appears and Audio also does not play simultaneously with a Startup Pic...