All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Just installed v2.81. Now my browsing videos are flickering. [RESOLVED]

wrd1972

Just installed v2.81 and now the videos when browsing for a table, are all flickering. They did not do this on the previous rev...maybe 4-5 or so back.  No other changes made. The flicker is the same pattern for every table. I few unbiform flashes then its fine. Change to a new table, the pattern returns, flashes, then it fine till the next table.

Any ideas?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Tom Speirs said:

I'm not sure I can get it fixed today but will certainly look into it for you. Could you give me some more detailed info on your setup and system please?

Dell T3400 w/ Core2 Quad 3.0ghz

Windows 10 CE

SSD 240GB

8GB RAM

Nvidia GTX970

40" TV

2x Dell 23" Monitors (Backbox)

Zebs deluxe plunger

2x Sainsmart 8-relay boards (DOF)

PINDMD3

12V power supply

24V power supply

Computer Speakers

Thats the bulk of it...in terms of electronics.

Thanks again Tom. :)

Thanks for helping again, Tom. :)

Okay I tried the attached .exe...problem remains.

Some more information. I have a backup drive with version 2.42 and it works correctly...no flicker at all. So that is the last version I used prior to 2.80, which is when the flicker started. I also noticed that if the 40" playfield TV is disconnected and only the two backbox monitors are working, and if PBX is run and the table browsing screen is shown on the backbox, then  the flicker is NOT present.

So to summarize:

Normal HD with version 2.83, I get flicker when browsing. I also saw flicker with the old Nvida driver, and the latest driver.

Backup drive with 2.42, I get NO flicker. It is running the old driver.

I am not aware of any other differences that would cause the conditions above.  I am using the same Nvidia GTX970. The only HW difference is that I am now using Zebs deluxe plunger instead of the Virtuapin plunger. But I just cant see how that would cause this issue at all.

Hope this is helpful.

Tom,

What is the name of the video framework...prior to VMR9?  This will greatly help me with further troubleshooting.

Is there a particular "area" or "function" that you can suggest, that I look into further?

Thanks

You wernt the only one to have an issue with the move to VMR 9 but this is a new issue to me. Please understand its always very tricky for the developer unless they can duplicate the issue.

VMR 9 allows hardware acceleration of the rendering (not decoding) so its a very good thing considering people now have toppers and 4k displays. I won't be rolling it back.

Previously it was using the sample grabber. Both use DirectShow. DirectX 9 use and libraries are unchanged. Although there were some fixes, changes and optimizations to texture/image usage.

PS: Happy to try connecting with TeamViewer and trying to troubleshoot if you are willing to provide me unattended access to your cab.

Understood.

If I make a video recording of the PF and start and browse through PBX, and review it, I get no flicker.

I just learned a couple more interesting facts. If I disable the 40 Sony TV, and force PBX and VP10 to one of the Dell 23" monitors, I get NO flicker.

Seems the issue is somehow tied to the Sony 40" TV.

Does that help any?

Might need to know full details for the Sony 40" TV - Model #, inputs (i.e. DVI-I, DVI-D, Display Port, HDMI, VGA) and how you have it connected to your GPU. Oh, and GPU specs might help as well.

No problem.

Its a Sony KDL-40w600b (made in 2014)

https://www.cnet.com/products/sony-kdl-40w600b-bravia-w600b-series-40-led-tv/specs/

Its  EVGA GTX970

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/b3064/evga-gtx-970

The above Sony TV is hooked with an HDMI cable, directly to the video card. The two Dell monitors are hooked up both, with DVI cables. I jacked around with the refresh rate setting for the TV, from normally 60hz, to 59 hz. Problem remains. From what I can tell as the tables are rolling across the screen when browsing. Just as the table starts to fade to black, then the next table starts top appear, the flicker occurs as seen in the vid. I messed around with nvida setting and made no progress, but that was a shooting in the dark there.

I also did some searching around regarding VMR9, but I am badly out of my element there to understand much of anything being said. <<<banging head>>>. I am hoping that there may be a simple setting that simply needs to be flipped, to hopefully fix this.

You may have already done this, but have you tried swapping a new HDMI cable? Or using a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter from the GPU to the monitor?