All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Nomal table loading time - 60 seconds???? HELP!!

Tyboderek

I have downloaded and debugged 57 VPX tables.  I have a 2 monitor and pinDMD V3 configuration.    All tables run fine and each tables takes only a few seconds (<10) to load using Visual PinvallX.  MY only problem is a few or the tables I have to mouseclick the playfield to get them to run.  I have tried a couple of AHK programs but no success yet.

MY BIG CONCERN - when launching from PINBALLX, it literally takes almost 60 SECONDS to load a table.  I have tried both with and without a HOTKEY program with the same result.  I am runnig Windows 7 64 bit in Admin Mode.  Pertinent files attached.

WHY DOES iT TAKE SO LONG TO LOAD A TABLE IN PINBALLX?  Surely this is not the norm?  

Please help!!  

log.txt

PinballX.ini

Visual Pinball.xml

VPXtofront.ahk

Tom - loaded latest version with same result.  Tables play fine but take almost a minute to load and I have to mouse click a few before they can accept coins.  Is is possible for Pinballx to ensure  focus is on Visual Pinball Player after it loads a game.

I am clueless as to why it takes almost a minute to load any table.  The good news is they work great once they are activated.

Open to suggestions.  I sure would like to put ,y keyboard away and figure out why it takes so long to load.  FYI - same result with AVAST Antivirus deactivated.

Malware scanner was disabled to eliminate it as a culprit with same results.

What does vpauto.exe do and should it be checkec to run as admin?

This is really weird as I can fly very quickly through the menu wheel with no lag at all and vpinballx loads very quickly on its own.

Yes 

I have previously read on several forums that all programs, Pinballx, vpinballx, setups, gamemanager, etc.  Should be run as admin with compatibility mode checkec so I started that way from the start.

You think that could be causing my issues?

I have to say I've seen this issue as well. It seems totally random though. One launch of a table it'll be quick, another it'll take a minute plus with the VPX window sitting in the background. The DMD often loads very quickly too, but the actual table visuals can take much longer sometimes. Much longer than if the table were just loaded straight from VPX anyways.

And then on top of that, it's random which versions in PinballX it happens in. One version will work flawlessly, then the next has issues. Then fine for several more versions, then another where the problem crops up again.

I sure am glad I am not the only one.  I have tried everything I can think of.  Backglass loads fast, then blinks briefly as table is about to complete loading.  Menu runs excellently.

Can someone tell me what vpauto.exe is supposed to do?  I have read it just acknowlodges the nag screen but I have also read deleting it helps resolve focue issues.