All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] ColEm Emulator Full Screen Startup

tglopez

I'm trying to configure the ColEm ColecoVision emulator to startup in fullscreen mode via GameEx, but it keeps defaulting to a smaller screen. Within ColEm, I've set "fullscreen mode" -- but it defaults back. Is there a command line edit I can add to GameEx to force full-screen startup? Thank you.

There does not appear to be a command line parameter for full screen. See the documentation for 4.4 here.

Does the emulator retain it's fullscreen parameter if you start and stop it outside of GameEx? Perhaps you are inadvertantly toggling to windowed mode when you are exiting the emulator.

Apparently, you can use [ALT] + [ENTER] to switch between full and windowed mode. If the emulator will not retain it's full screen setup, you could do a Send Keys when the emulator is launched.

Yes - it’s strange. Outside of GameEx, I can get it to start in full screen mode.  Within GameEx , it flashes full screen at first, then it reverts to a smaller windowed screen. How would I do a “send keys”?

Problem fixed. Rather than add send key language and timer, I removed it from the emulator settings and this fixed the problem. Apparently, the flash full screen was reverting back to windowed screen because of the default. Removing the default kept the game in full screen mode. 

• Thanks 1