All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Weird crashing of Pinballx when exiting certain VP table exe types [RESOLVED]

greynurse

OK, just downloaded and installed version 2.74. My system is getting to be a little lightweight now, but it still handles VP most tables without issue outside of Pinballx. My system consists of a Pentium Dual Core 4300 1.8Ghz processor. The graphics is handled by my Nvidea Geforce 9600 GT. The OS is Windows 7 64 bit, service pack 1. I'm currently using two monitors. The main monitor is an LG 26" LCD TV running 1920 x 1080 resolution, The other is a Samsung 22" VGA monitor running 1680 x 1050 res. For the purposes of Pinballx, I've set up the Samsung as the main display (Display 1 for the backglass and DMD) and the LG as the second display (for the table) in the Windows desktop configuration.

History; I began using Pinballx a few weeks ago now as my old frontend, VPMan does not do VP10 tables. I started with version 2.65, but had issues with VP tables staying resident in memory when closing them. So I found a copy of version 2.5 I had downloaded last year and forgot about. This resolved the aforementioned issues. Reading the forums, it seemd like the 2.65 issues I had had been resolved, so  it was time to give 2.74 a try.

By now I was running VP10 tables, and using the Other Systems settings in the pinballx setup, I configured for physmod5, VP9.90, VP9.21, VP9.13 and VP8. Now I hadn't enabled VP9.21 in version 2.5 because I hadn't moved the tables into their own folder. After installing 2.74, I did so, and enabled the VP9.21 config.

The Problem; VP10, VP 9.90 and VP9.13 tables perform as expected in Pinballx, but if I play a VP9.21 or a VP8 table, Pinballx closes down completely upon exiting those tables. I may be doing something wrong so I have attached my .ini and log files. And, yes, I get the same error messages in the log file regardles of whether I'm exiting VP8 or 9.21. Oh. and the problem occurs whether I have checked the Hide Backglass checkbox or not. I have also atteched a screenshot of the Game manager window in case it helps.

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers

PinballX.ini

log.txt

Game Manager 2.74.jpg

You are seeing the exact same error I am.    I get this with Pinball Arcade tables though.    Visual Pinball are still working and so are PinballFX3.

I have a I7-8700, GTX-1080 so I don't think it is due to your hardware since my does it too.     I put an old copy of PinballX 2.63 and the problem went away.  I have a post earlier detailing the

same error message. 

Thanks for getting back to me, Tom. I did as you requested, selecting a table each from VP8 and VP9.21 group that had backglasses.Checked the Hide Backglass box, but the results were the same. Pinballx shut down upon exiting each table. However, it was apparent your request was based around the problem being a video issue and so I decided to check something out. And I think I may be onto something. I should tell you at this point that the LG TV was a new addition to my equioment last weekend. Prior to that, I ran a small 17" celestion TV as my table screen in a 1280 x 1024 resolution. No problems at that stage. But I have now replaced the 17" TV with a 26" TV running 1920 x 1080 resolution.

I then took a look at the video preference of each of the .exe I run under Pinballx. Attached are the screen shots. As you can see, VP8 and VP 9.21 cannot process resolutions above 1680 x 1050. No such problem with VP9.90 onwards.

I hope this information helps. I'm going to take a break now and watch some Lemony Snickets.

Cheers

VP8_Vid_Prefs.jpg

VP921_Vid_Prefs.jpg

VP9_and_up.jpg

Hi Tom,

I just ran my VP8 and P9.21 tables under VPMan and oddly enough the option for 1920 x 1080 resolution appeared in the video preferences for both .exe's. So I opened up Pinballx and tried again. Alas, same result as before with an identical log file to the one I've just posted. So it looks like I may not be onto anything at all. I'll keep probing at this end, though.

Cheers.

• rablack97 changed the title to Weird crashing of Pinballx when exiting certain VP table exe types [RESOLVED]
  • rablack97 locked this topic