All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PinballX 2.74 - Object Reference error after TPA exit [RESOLVED]

GAH1068

I am having issues with PinballX exiting after exiting from a Pinball Arcade table using TPAFreeCamMod.

Launching in PinballX is working fine.   TPAFreeCamMod is starting, I am getting my DMD and backglass and the table plays without issue..    When I exit the table PinballX comes back to the foreground for a second or two.

It then immediately exits.    There is no visible error but log.txt is capturing:

11:43:31.9  4/10/2018:  Error. Exiting
11:43:31.9  4/10/2018:  Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
11:43:31.1  4/10/2018:     at PinballX.FrmMain.af()
11:43:31.1  4/10/2018:     at PinballX.FrmMain.ap()
11:43:31.1  4/10/2018:     at PinballX.FrmMain..ctor()

This happens with any PBA table I run inside PinballX.    My VPX,VP9 and PinballFX3 tables are all running fine.   

My system is  Windows 10 Pro, I7-8700,  GTX 1080,  2 screen setup with a PinDMD3.   I am using DMDExt 1.60 and TPAFreeCamMod V1.92.1 

I am seeing this on my actual cabinet and I can duplicate the problem on another PC.    

PBA.xml

log.txt

PinballX.ini

Out of curiosity I uninstalled 2.74 on my test system and put a copy of 2.63 on that I had sitting on the local hard drive.       Everything is working again with 2.63

Attached is my log file from this version.   Everything else is the same.

log.txt

hey, quick question, are you sure that's the right INI you attached? because everything there is disabled, and there's no mention of the freemodcam.

also i wanted to know, when you launch PBA do you use your mouse to choose tables? or did you get it to launch tables directly?

and this might be a good place to look, look at the exit pinball arcade script in the pinball x folder and compare it to the others that are working, it might be in need of an update due to steam stuff. a good place to compare it to would be FX3 which also uses steam.

Undertaker, if you look further down in my pinballx.ini you will see it is configured under system 2.    Freecammod is launching the table directly. 

I did have an issue with a vpx table too yesterday doing the same thing but it doesn't happen every time like TPA. 

2 hours ago, Tom Speirs said:

To help troubleshoot the issue. Please see if the issue is there with 2.50.

Also confirm whether the dmd/topper/backglass is set to hide or not in your xml file.

No issues with 2.50,  I tried using a few different Pinball Arcade tables and everything is working.     In PinballX,   I have have Hide Topper checked,  Hide DMD and Hide Backglass are unchecked.    Log file from running 2.50 attached.

log.txt

3 hours ago, GAH1068 said:

Undertaker, if you look further down in my pinballx.ini you will see it is configured under system 2.    Freecammod is launching the table directly. 

I did have an issue with a vpx table too yesterday doing the same thing but it doesn't happen every time like TPA. 

sorry, my bad. however i'm still wondering if you launch directly to table from pbx, because i did not manage to get that to work and maybe i can use what you did in your ini to help my cause. cheers and i hope you can solve this.

• rablack97 changed the title to PinballX 2.74 - Object Reference error after TPA exit [RESOLVED]
  • rablack97 locked this topic