All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Have to ALT-TAB to load a new table - [RESOLVED]

Tyboderek

I have a two monitor cabinet configuration with a pinDMD V3 from VirtuaPin.  I have tested several tables standalone with Visual PinballX and they run fine.

Windows 7 64 bit

Nvidia 1060

Pinballx 2.7

When i try to Run a tabel from PinballX the first table runs great.  I then hit my Exit button to return to PinballX Menu.  This works great a menu comes up as expected.  I t=can progress through Menu selection as expected.  My problem starts when I try to start my next Table selection.  I get a black sceen that indicates LOADING on the playfield while the backglass loads the selected backglass.  The Playfield stays on the loading screen until I ALT TAB to it,  Once it is selected (receives focus)  the correct playfield is loaded and I can proceed playing the table.  Same scenario happens with subsequent table selections.  Tables run fine once they are loaded but I have to ALT TAB to them to get them to load.  Don't want to use keyboard in cabinet snf should no take ALT TAB intervention to load.

Log.txt and PINBALLx.ini enclosed.

I have seen alot about ALT HOT Key but thought that was a thing of the past.

Please HELP!!!

log.txt

PinballX.ini

Looks like the tables are shutting down fine.  I previous had a problem when I was using the same Exit button in PBX and VPX but I corrected that.  If I do a CNTRL ALT DEL and look at task manager nothing looks out of norm.  When I previously had a common Exit Button, it was creating multiples copies of VPX etc.  This is no longer the case.  Just have to ALT TAB to be able to load the selected table which is obviously unacceptable for a cabinet.

All programs set to Run As Admin

not sure on this one as this is setup specific, i just upgraded to 2.70 and no issues at all.  lauched and exited around 10 tables all had focus. ini and log look fine.

but i'm also running an ahk script to hide the VPX loading window until the table actually come up, maybe that's why im not having the focus issue.

Rablack97.  You are a lifesaver.  The ahk program fixed my issue.  I get a few second black screen while processes execute but I can live with that.  This has been kicking my tail for several weeks.  This whole focus issue seems to play havoc on a lot of setups.  It would be nice if some software guru could resolve without having to have workarounds.  Nonetheless, Pinballx is a great product and folks like you and Tom providing support on this forum serve to make it better.  Now on to troubleshooting new tables.

THANKS AGAIN

• rablack97 changed the title to Have to ALT-TAB to load a new table - [RESOLVED]
  • rablack97 locked this topic
20 minutes ago, Tom Speirs said:

Is this something I should fix and look at? Is it just a VPX issue?

Not really a fix, just more of an enhancement.  I never liked the pop-up window VPX shows when loading a table, so i just cloaked it.  Not sure if you can code VPX to black the screen out for around 10 secs or until the table is fully loaded.  Future pinball has  a more eye friendly loading screen, VPX doesn't.

If you can enhance, that would erase the need for the ahk file, but make sure focus is brought back to the table, as the cloaking function in the ahk assists with this as well.

Well, I would say it depends on setup.  I've had focus issues by specific tables, not necessarily related to PBX, but to 3rd party apps that open additional windows at table launch and the focus is just on the wrong window.  Sometimes it works properly other times it doesn't.

In the OP's case not sure what he may have been running other than just VPX.  Plus no telling what scripts other folks are running pre-launch.  I've always used that script when if started using vpx.  Never had any real focus issues that were consistent.  It happens about 5% of the time.