All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Pet Peeves

RIP-Felix

6 hours ago, RIP-Felix said:

Don't feel bad about saying no.

I almost always give to these causes, I just think it's in poor taste that they make people feel guilty if they don't.  You can't possibly know what financial situation people are in when buying something no matter the price.  Don't subject anyone to undue peer pressure.

2 hours ago, ClassicGMR said:

2) Being late. I got into the habit of telling my wife to be ready by 6:30 when I want to leave by 7:00. Most of the time we make it...

I admittedly do this, but I pad it for an extra hour!   In the fairness of being open, It's usually a multi-hour trip that's ahead of us though!

10 minutes ago, stigzler said:

Web "articles" without a date. Knobheads.

What was factual news yesterday gets recirculated several years from now allegedly as current news but is then fake news. Which leads to my related pet peeve. FAKE NEWS. Isn't that the same as a LIE? Uses less letters with the same meaning.

On 4/18/2018 at 12:22 PM, Draco1962 said:

My finale pet peeve... WTF is a "pet peeve?" I have looked everywhere and I cannot find one at a pet store, in a shelter, anywhere. WTH does it even look like? 

You wouldn't find one at a pet store, they don't sell well anywhere except on TV. I've given alot of thought as to what "pet" (I'm applying the term loosly) best embodies a "peeve" and I think I have it:

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Since they went extinct 65 million years ago, It's no wonder you'd have trouble finding one at a pet store. A good thing too, if they were anything like the one above. Bonus points if you can tell me which epoch they lived in? Hint: It's not the Jurassic.

Try Mesozoic. Triassic, Jurassic, and Cretaceous were the periods within. 

Barney (a poorly and annoyingly made T-Rex) would have been from the Cretaceous period, despite being ressurected from extinction and crammed into Jurassic Park.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

Try Mesozoic. Triassic, Jurassic, and Cretaceous were the periods within. 

Barney (a poorly and annoyingly made T-Rex) would have been from the Cretaceous period, despite being ressurected from extinction and crammed into Jurassic Park.

Winner winner!

Yes, it's another example of how Hammond and his park builders recklessly crammed plants and animals from different eras together into essentially one big deathmatch. And which one was dominant at the end? T-Rex, from the cretaceous; maybe that's why he tore down the Jurassic Park sign and Roared. "I'm from the cretaceous, puny human. Get your facts strait."

hqdefault.jpg&f=1

I have 32GB of internal storage and 120GB external. I get a "you need to free up space" warning every time my phone needs to update. WHY??? It blames it on my apps, says they take up 20GB, but I don't have that many. Also, android has no way to move them all at once, I have to move them one by one. Jerks!

And while were on the space filling up pet peeve:

low-disk-space.jpg

It's always the Winsxs folder. All those security updates and system restore points that fills up my C drive. And if you follow their instructions to delete unnecessary files, it only saves a few hundred MB and the WinSXS folder is still like 20GB. It just keeps getting bigger, and the only way to stop it is to take the chance of deleting some of it's contents or installing windows fresh. Jerks!

EDIT: I did a bit more digging and apparently the winsxs folder uses hard-links that are not correctly handled by file explorer. It counts them as taking up physical space in the winsxs folder when they simply point to another location where it is actually. So it essentially counts the same thing twice and reports back that the winsxs file is much bigger than it actually is. So while the above is annoying and a Pet peeve, it's not as bad as I originally thought.