All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Pet Peeves

RIP-Felix

3 hours ago, ClassicGMR said:

Fixed it...

Here's a good one for you all - Yahoo "news" stories. You know the ones where the title is the whole story and some schlub did no research or article writing whatsoever. Usually a grand one liner then some face-rolling on the keyboard.

That or "delicate flowers" :D

15 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

"I'm sorry" Those words bug the sh!t out of me when they are from the person issuing the apology that acted one way that they know was not the right way. Just be honest. What you did was wrong and you chose to be a twat and puss out rather than deal with the issue in the harder and right way. Reminds me of my boss whom, as of Monday, is leaving the company. He has thrown me and coworkers under the bus rather than drop a testicle and stand up for us.

Americans generally dislike it in my experience. Like Canadians, the British often say it. One of my pet peeves is people giving me crap or answering back when I say it. I'm just being polite and nice FFS.

Also men that feel they have to be overly macho at all times. Its a weakness about there own insecurities if anything.

Finally, people who never ever say sorry!

I'd rather deal with people who don't say sorry than the many who say it, don't mean it, and do the same damn thing again.

And people on Reddit, or any forum really, who don't answer questions politely because they think the question was stupid.

And SpongeBob memes.

And people who aren't programmers that say something shouldn't be hard to code. :)

There is a big difference between someone that apologizes out of being polite about an inconvenience and someone that says it for political expediency. My old boss was notorious for the latter. Like Mike, I would rather he shoot straight and not say it than say it and not mean a word of it.  

I do not like men or women that feel they have to be overly macho at all times. If I want to see chest thumping, we have gorillas at the zoo. No time for contests to see who can piss the highest on the fence post either.

1 hour ago, Draco1962 said:

Acting like a little god when you are a doctor at a place referred to as a "Medical Practice." Come back to me when it is a "Medical Expertise" with your god-like self.

Made me think again and Stiz will get this more than you but "Doctors receptionists". I know its a crappy job but I don't want to be there either!

Stitz, you also forgot those charming people who sell you cars.

Millennials who call you son or refer to your mother as old dear. Anyone who calls you boss. Actually we already covered estate agents, and car dealers and I live in Essex. Sorry, sorry, sorry!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Draco1962 said:

Acting like a little god when you are a doctor at a place referred to as a "Medical Practice." Come back to me when it is a "Medical Expertise" with your god-like self.

Have one of you guys found out what I do for a living!? Draco - I work alongside many Consultants and trust me, when you peel back that curtain and see the Wizard for who he really is, it's scary!

31 minutes ago, Tom Speirs said:

Made me think again and Stiz will get this more than you but "Doctors receptionists". I know its a crappy job but I don't want to be there either!

+ Tom - this is a terribly debilitating condition called "MSS" - it should be recognised by the WHO immediately.

Medical Secretary Syndrome - symptoms include:

• Looking at you like you just called their dog a bastard...
  • Talking to you like they have the qualifications, and not you...
  • A remarkable sense high entitlement given such low personal agency.
  • Bad breath.

27 minutes ago, stigzler said:

Have one of you guys found out what I do for a living!?

Yep, wasn't hard at all really.  Just tracked down the first pasty looking guy with bloodshot eyes humming 8 bit tunes on the way out of his flat.

:o:D

• Like 1

So you know me then!?

17 minutes ago, tthurman said:

Yep, wasn't hard at all really.  Just tracked down the first pasty looking guy with bloodshot eyes humming 8 bit tunes on the way out of his flat.

:o:D

That's way too vague for this forum. Could be any one of us. 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, stigzler said:

Have one of you guys found out what I do for a living!? Draco - I work alongside many Consultants and trust me, when you peel back that curtain and see the Wizard for who he really is, it's scary!

I have no clue what you do but I don't think you are one these medical wonks that took out too much in school loans to have such a high failure rate.

< aint no wonk.

Thanks Tom - love me some Hubbard... I think the SID side of things is going to beyond my ridiculous C64 game aspirations - know any good SID musicians?

Pet Peeve #62 - buggers who derail threads by asking off-topic questions..

5 minutes ago, stigzler said:

< aint no wonk.

Thanks Tom - love me some Hubbard... I think the SID side of things is going to beyond my ridiculous C64 game aspirations - know any good SID musicians?

Pet Peeve #62 - buggers who derail threads by asking off-topic questions..

I did when I was 16. lol. Iceman, Bizmo and someone else I can't remember.

• Like 1