All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Pet Peeves

RIP-Felix

What are your pet peeves?

I was just watching a YouTube video and came across one my least favorite figures of speech.

"Now what we're going to do, is we're going to..."

Arghhh. It catches my attention every time, and I can no longer stand it. I try to be patient. It's an irrational pet peeve of mine. Just say "um..." or "uhhh..." or another word whisper used to stall while you collect your train of thought. I just can't stand this particular one. It's redundant, circular, and assassin.

Am I alone here, just being a jerk, or does this bother anyone else? Maybe I'm just getting a bit of that cantankerous "hay you kids! GET OFF MY LAWN!" attitude (AKA getting old). IDK, to me it's like the fake valley girl accent, "Like, Oh My God! I totally need a Manny/petty."

Stop, just stop.

21 minutes ago, stigzler said:

Dude - have a pizza or a beer or something. Nothing good ever came of rumination!

This:  (another pet peeve itself)

Then you'll spend your time seeking ways to lose the pizza and beer gut....

21 minutes ago, tthurman said:

This:  (another pet peeve itself)

Then you'll spend your time seeking ways to lose the pizza and beer gut....

Every time I look at myself in the mirror I ruminate over all the pizza and beer that got me to this point.  Then I remind myself, technically I'm using the calories I stored while eating it. So it's kind of like having pizza now... sorta...okay not really :(

But I have lost ~40lbs and feel better about how I look, even though I have more to go. The complements help!

...but that's not what this thread is about. It's about pet peeves and annoying things, like this:

gQcWHJL.gif

"I'm sorry" Those words bug the sh!t out of me when they are from the person issuing the apology that acted one way that they know was not the right way. Just be honest. What you did was wrong and you chose to be a twat and puss out rather than deal with the issue in the harder and right way. Reminds me of my boss whom, as of Monday, is leaving the company. He has thrown me and coworkers under the bus rather than drop a testicle and stand up for us.

7 hours ago, tthurman said:

This is the age of "snowflakes".

Fixed it...

Here's a good one for you all - Yahoo "news" stories. You know the ones where the title is the whole story and some schlub did no research or article writing whatsoever. Usually a grand one liner then some face-rolling on the keyboard.