All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PinballX 2.67 Black screen [RESOLVED]

starac

2 minutes ago, Tom Speirs said:

well I can see your using a daily build of Lav instead of an official release. So that could have bugs. Your also using hardware acceleration (dxva2) and that could also cause issues.

ok tnx..will be in 15min

Pictures are displayed neatly,video will not and will not..

in all combinations of LAV decoding

I have no more initial knowledge I have exhausted everything..

If you have some suggestions ok. The action is in the code difference 2.65 and 2.6789

Thanks for everything and your  spent time

ps Do you accidentally use an integrated graphics card?

Ive tested on integrated, discrete and GPU. No issues. Did you uninstall Lav and install the official release? Did you install the 32 bit version too? PinballX uses 32 bit codecs. Did you exclude the PinballX folder from avg and windows defender. If you have the issue on two machines and others don't its got to be something you have installed.

Just updated to 2.70 from 2.6x (I think it was 2.65) and I seem to have the same issue in that my videos don't play anymore. (Win10 64bit, i7 930 CPU, Radeon 7800 displaying 2 monitors). Videos are f4v and encoded by pbxrecorder. I have the codecs.exe from this site installed. Everything was working fine, installed 2.70 over the old build (like I always do when updating) and videos are not playing now.

Will play around to see if I can get things going, can probably dig out logs etc if they help.

On 4/2/2018 at 7:11 PM, bbhq2 said:

Just updated to 2.70 from 2.6x (I think it was 2.65) and I seem to have the same issue in that my videos don't play anymore. (Win10 64bit, i7 930 CPU, Radeon 7800 displaying 2 monitors). Videos are f4v and encoded by pbxrecorder. I have the codecs.exe from this site installed. Everything was working fine, installed 2.70 over the old build (like I always do when updating) and videos are not playing now.

Will play around to see if I can get things going, can probably dig out logs etc if they help.

Did you solve the problem if you shared it with us...Tnx

I have the same problem with NVIDIA..

It's interesting that everything on the integrated graphics cards works fine...On two laptops example

But I would not point you in the wrong direction...

If someone else comes up with a similar problem, we will solve it more easily

I've not had any time to look at this further, I kinda assume pbxrecorder is encoding the videos in a format PBX 2.70 doesn't like, but I've not tried recompressing them.

Tom, a pbxrecorder created video file that worked in my cab with 2.65 that wont work with 2.70 is attached if you want to see if it plays for you.

Media.zip

13 minutes ago, bbhq2 said:

I've not had any time to look at this further, I kinda assume pbxrecorder is encoding the videos in a format PBX 2.70 doesn't like, but I've not tried recompressing them.

Tom, a pbxrecorder created video file that worked in my cab with 2.65 that wont work with 2.70 is attached if you want to see if it plays for you.

Media.zip

this video does not move..

Do you work video files without pinbalx?