All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Table Launching Error Back in 2.67 [RESOLVED]

Spellbot5000

Just tried the latest version of PBX, and an issue I was having with a version prior to 2.65 has returned. Basically after opening PBX, I can launch any table fine, but the next time I try to launch a table I get a VPX error window saying "Machine 'x' terminated before initialized, check the rom path or rom file". This was happening in a version of PBX prior to 2.65 (not sure which). 2.65 cleared this issue up, but now trying 2.67 the problem has returned. Looking at the log file, the first table launch starts vpauto, finds the rom file fine, and then continues on. The second launch in the log shows vpauto starting, but then there's no line at all about the rom file.

Not a giant issue, since I can go back to 2.65 and everything works well again, just thought I'd mention it in case there is a greater underlying issue.

I've also noticed in 2.67 that there seems to be a focus issue, where it never brings the VPX player window into the foreground. It loads fine in the background, but the computer just displays a black screen until I alt-tab over to the player window. 2.65 also never seemed to have this issue.

PinballX.ini

log.txt

I can't duplicate any issues with the latest of everything.

I did a new install of PBX and used the all in one installer from VPForums. I just tested some desktop tables and disabled B2S. I did get a focus issue with one table but turning on cabinet mode in PinMAME resolved it.

I could not get VPX full screen exclusive to work even standalone. I got the error you describe every time.

The error you're getting in standalone VPX when exclusive fullscreen is set is because by default the "ddraw" variable is enabled in the registry where the per-table settings are stored. If you want to use exclusive fullscreen, then ddraw has to be set to "0" for every table.

I'll try setting the cabinet mode to on, and see if that changes anything. I haven't messed around with the exclusive fullscreen mode myself that much, simply because on single-screen setups it can cause issues with the DMD always loading under the table since the main table window has exclusive foreground priority.