All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

2.66 here - hardware accelerated video rendering

Tom Speirs

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm really sorry, I just have no other ideas right now. Sorry. I don't know what to suggest at the moment.

My only thought right now is it a conflict with XDMD and how that renders video differently. It would be interesting to know if the issues persist if the real DMD is unplugged.

On ‎30‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 11:32 AM, xagesz said:

Ill get a fresh video for you in a bit. I am leaving for now.

Hey,

I realise its a pain but I've not given up on this. All I can suggest is you upload everything to the FTP so hopefully I can duplicate the issue. I know is a pain but until I can duplicate issues here we are out of luck. I don't have any 4k displays on the cab, all I can do is test 4k content. That all seems to work without issue.

I do have a separate machine with a 4k display and that's been running in the screensaver for days without issue.

2 hours ago, rablack97 said:

FYI, just upgraded to 2.68, no issues to report

Thanks. It appears 4k may have issues but I can duplicate nothing here. 4k content runs well for me on three normal hd displays and works well on a single 4k display.

Did you get the same unhandled out of memory exception?

Are you using hardware acceleration in lav by any chance?

The only thing I can suggest now is get your files to me by putting them on the ftp.

Videos are a bit slower loading now for everyone by the way but I think 4k 60fps support is more important. 

I don't think there any memory leaks but I did notice an issue with a couple of certain videos in GameEx.

Videos with the old format color bits (YUV420p) also seem to work better. The newer format has issues even in windows without lav.

You have to specifically tell FFMPEG to use that format so it could be the issue. Worth trying but will require transcoding.

The videos I upscaled to 4k and am testing with I encoded with my Nvidia card which I think uses 444 so its still not an issue for me.

If your up for it I would like to look at how the video graph is building. The attached will save a video graph on your desktop. I won't be able to see the results here but I would like you to download a copy of x86 graphedit and show me what the graph looks like. The issue has to be something it does not like with your videos. Ive attached an image what it should look like.

PinballX.zip

Sprite 7.png