All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

2.66 here - hardware accelerated video rendering

Tom Speirs

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ah well if thats the case, none of the above is happening on my rig, and its less powerful that what he's got by a mile.  load times are slower is the only thing i can really report.

You'll be happy to know it works well on a full blown 4k machine though, user said it runs good for 4k videos etc.

3 minutes ago, rablack97 said:

ah well if thats the case, none of the above is happening on my rig, and its less powerful that what he's got by a mile.  load times are slower is the only thing i can really report.

You'll be happy to know it works well on a full blown 4k machine though, user said it runs good for 4k videos etc.

Thanks. I am guessing any issues will be down to codecs and os choices. Hard to know though when people don't tell me and just roll back to the previous version!

Here I will upload my videos and log here for you too see what I am dealing with.  I moved up to Unified and I had issues. Then had more hardware related issues due to a pinscape problem. SO I haven't had time to change back to unified. 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ukeadv9cdwi7yse/AABj4EOn5bCmrMO9kcaTcBD6a?dl=0

I am using the current lav filters from the main pbx page. Then everytime I update pbx I have to manually update the xdmd files.

The log is taken from the exact same run of the video.

1 minute ago, Tom Speirs said:

Well the delay I don't have an issue with but the hard crash is worrying. Any more info you can provide on that would be helpful.

It does it when I spend too much time scrolling. It used to be a bad problem. The solution before though was to standarize all my videos to the same codec. (PBX Recorder) After i did this it went away. It hasn't done that too me until you changed to the new plugin. It won't do it in 2.65.

What else you wanna know?

I disabled FX2 and FX3. so all my videos are generated from PBXRecorder. I can still generate the problem. My server is down right now as I convert from 53tb to 100tb. I don't want to go dicking around and mess up something without backups. I will look at a couple things and see if I can find anything odd.   Just weird it won't lock up on my at all on 2.65.

It may not be video related but I don't know right now. Its hard unless I can duplicate it.

My cab has issues right now so Ive not been able to do big soak tests but the video rendering got tested a hell of a lot for GameEx and its the same code.

2 minutes ago, rablack97 said:

stupid question maybe, did you check to make sure all of your .dll's and .exe are unblocked.  2.65 did some weird things to my setup and i had to reinstall and update a few .dll files to get my cab back running.

Yeah. XDMD I had to update for my pin2dmd to work. and so i checked all the stuff after I did that