All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

2.66 here - hardware accelerated video rendering

Tom Speirs

I attach 2.66 here.

It features hardware accelerated video rendering so it should support 4k and 60fps no problem on modern machines.

It also has the change to slimdx which did cause a few issues last time I released it but I believe I have fixed those issues.

Please take one for the team and test. There should be no problem overwriting this version with the current official release if it does not work well for you.

Thanks.

Tom

PinballXSetup.zip

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, Outhere said:

Seems to work, I did not noticed any difference between this one and the current version but I do not have 4K ,  was that the only reason for the upgrade?

Yes, primarily and the dirextx9 library API has been upgraded. Video performance will also be much improved on lower end hardware. It has some fairly significant changes in order to accomplish that though so want it tested.

Thanks.

13 minutes ago, rablack97 said:

2 things right off the bat....

it screwed up my dmd, the attract videos all show in red on my dmd

exiting a table is super slow, i went back th 2.65 and dmd is still red

Is it a real color DMD? Maybe the color setting got turned on?

8 minutes ago, rablack97 said:

im working on it......did this update touch the xdmd.dll's

It shouldn't have done but it would have overwritten what you had. I am guessing its a directx conflict but its odd that your color setting changed. As I cant see how that could happen.

22 minutes ago, rablack97 said:

yep that's the first time that setting has ever changed. im still troubleshooting it i've reinstalled ultradmd and replaced the dll's and still nothing.

Are you showing any images or videos from PinballX when UltraDMD is running? Is PinMAME working fine? Is it working outside of PinballX?

It was files in the ultradmd folder, nothing in PBX, not sure what 2.66 installation did, but it switched my dmd color off, and skewed my ultra dmd, everything works fine.

Only thing really noticable is load times and exit times have slightly they seem to take longer now.

Tom. I am on 2.67 and getting nothing but crashing. I have yet to have a problem up to this point. Am running 4k at 60hz. 7700k GTX 1080 and 16gb Ram. Computer is built to spec. It will run for 4 or 5 tables then crash. Then when scrolling through tables it will scroll smooth but won't change video til i stop on a wheel. Then black for 1/2 second. then video.

SO 2.67 was unusable for me. I have been playing with it for 30 minutes and my backglasses crash 10 seconds into pbx loading. The scrolling is snappy just not the videos.

I went back to 2.65 and although a bit slow is far smoother and enjoyable. and does not crash.