All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[ RESOLVED ] Most played not working (not updating)

Rochabian

Hi!

I just have seen that the most played list is not working anymore for me

The Last Played is working but the most played shows "no game were found" and in the emulators list, the games are not placed on top of the list

I've tried with a fresh install and i'ts the same

Here's my log & Gameex.ini

Don't know what happened because it was working before (but perhaps not updating since a while)

GameEx.ini

log.txt

EDIT: When i run the statistic app, i can see the most played games by count or time, but they aren't displayed in the "Most Played" module

I've just updated to 15.21 and still no luck with most played module..:(

This is the content of the file LastList.txt found in the config folder: 

--=[SP]=----=[SP]=--False--=[SP]=----=[SP]=--False--=[SP]=--False--=[SP]=----=[SP]=----=[SP]=--- Pas de jeu ---=[SP]=----=[SP]=--0--=[SP]=----=[SP]=----=[SP]=----=[SP]=----=[SP]=----=[SP]=--0--=[SP]=--False--=[SP]=--0--=[SP]=----=[SP]=--0--=[SP]=--0--=[SP]=----=[SP]=--

I think this is where are stored the names of the game that had to be put in top of the game list as most played, but it's empty

We can see "Pas de Jeu" or "No Game were found" in english, this is what i see under the Most Played Module.

Someone has an idea ? I already have deleted the data.db3 file and reinstall gameex but it's the same thing

Rochabian,

From looking at the way the data.db3 file is constructed, I have a feeling the Most Played list is generated based on gameplay statistics that are recorded there. By reinstalling GameEx, you may have reset the data to zero. It's possible that the reinstall fixed it, but you may not have played enough.

Try launching a game at least 6 times and leave at least one running for 30 minutes. Then see if the list starts populating. If not, please post the data.db3 file so I can check it over here.

Alternately, you could try the attached data.db3 file I tinkered with while I was testing. It only contains data for a few Mame games. Just rename your current data.db3 so it is not overwritten and then rename the test file. The only thing is that I don't actually know how the Most Played functionality works, so there may be other files that come into play.

Also, I would not worry about the LastList.txt file. Yours is very similar to mine. There are no game names listed there.

DATA_test.db3

• Thanks 1

I've tried your data.db3 and i've seen 3 games in the most played module (the mame games you've tested). Then i've lauched another game 10 times and kept it running about 30 min

Then i've go back to the most played moule and : the game appears on top of the list !!!!

I think i've misunderstood how the most played module work. I was thinking that if the list was empty (new install)  and then if i launch a game it should be in the most played because it's the only one i've played but it doesn't work like this. You have to play a certain amount of time and launch it several times and then the games appears in the list. It's more complex and statistics dependant than i thought.

Many thanks for your explanation RedDog