All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

2.65 Intermittent Error - Pressing Escape in a table brings up Windows Start Menu over the top of the table [RESOLVED]

onlysigingupcauseihavetoo

Hi all (& Tom),

Having an issue with 2.65 and it only seems to happen after a while, never on the first table.

I press escape to exit a table in 10.5 beta VPX (I have no other programs in PBX), that has been playing otherwise fine (In forced fullscreen mode) and for some reason instead of it returning to the PinballX table selection menu, it brings up the Windows Start Menu over the top of the table. It is acting like it would if no programs were open and I was on the Windows 10 desktop and pressed escape.

Once this occurs, it then continues to occur when I press escape for however many number of times until it will bring close to the table and return to the menu. This behaviour will continue in the PinballX table selection menu, for no set number of times until the "Return - Exit - Shutdown" appears.

To be clear, PinballX does not crash, it just is buggy in this manner.

I hope this makes sense, I am not in my cabinet now, but if a screen shot is needed to make sense I am happy to provide and if it is essential to grab my log files etc, I can provide.

I'm really just wondering if this is happening for others and is on the radar (I couldn't see any other similar threads though - other exit issue threads but not like this).

Thanks. 

Probably a "best practice" to attach copies of your pinballx.ini and log.txt files (no copy & paste) anytime you report a problem.

Saves you time waiting for a response asking you for them and the staff and experienced members time waiting for you to provide them.

Yeah I do rabalck97, no problems outside of PBX, which is where I test my tables prior to going into PBX.

Draco1962, here are my requested files, as I had asked above, if this was a known issue that was on the radar I wasn't going to waste anyone's time, but as it doesn't appear to be, thanks for the help in advance & I'll remember to just add them from the get go in future.

PinballX.ini

log.txt

Even if it seems like it might be the same as someone else's issue, sometimes it isn't and the log and ini files help in making that distinction. They can also help confirm that there is something bigger.

Thanks rablack97, you seem to be on to something here. This may be a problem that has been going on for some time.

I've done a reset and press ESC at the desktop and it doesn't bring up the start menu, only the Windows key does.

I am wondering what is going on being the scenes as CTRL+ESC also brings up the start menu (for those keyboards without a Windows Key I assume).

I wonder if its a sticky key issue as L CTRL is my default exit for VPX. I have now mapped that to Q.

Seems to be working, cannot replicate. Thanks so much for the help.