All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PLEASE HELP pinball x back glass video won't show up [RESOLVED]

Calbarn04

Can you help the team by attaching copies of your pinballx.ini and log.txt files? 

You might want to give more details such as whether or not you are referring to the backglass videos outside of the game or while in a game. If in a game, what simulator or emulator.

It is the pinballx back glass videos. So not in game. I'm currently not at home but as soon as I am I will post my pinballx.ini and log.txt files. I am also not usind directb2s in the front end. Sorry for not giving detail in my original post.

yes I have a 3 screen setup. everything shows up correctly when I launch a table. when I identify it shows up as playfield=1 backglass=2 and dmd=3. what do you mean by graphics display setup. In the databases folder there are 7 folders that have an xml in each do you want all of them or just the ones for the emulators I use for example future pinball and visual pinball.

attach the one for visual pinball will suffice.

unless you didnt change this back after testing.

you have the dmd and backglass set to monitor 1

[BackGlass]
monitor=1
x=0
y=-
width=1920
height=720
AutoPositionB2S=True
UseB2S=False
[DMD]
Enabled=True
monitor=1
x=500
y=1150
width=900
height=300
AutoPositionPinMAME=True
[FileSystem]

my setup

[Display]
Monitor=0
rotate=270
Windowed=False
WindowWidth=480
WindowHeight=720
WindowX=0
WindowY=65
PlayFieldBrightness=210
WheelTextColor=ffffffff
WheelTextOutlineColor=ff000000
InfoTextColor=ffffffff
InfoTextOutlineColor=ff000000
FilterTextColor=ffffffff
FilterTextOutlineColor=ff000000
MenuColor=ffffa500
ShowExitImageFor=2
FullScreenWindowed=False
[BackGlass]
monitor=1
x=0
y=0
width=1360
height=768
AutoPositionB2S=False
[DMD]
Enabled=True
monitor=2
x=40
y=215
width=1840
height=597
AutoPositionPinMAME=False
[FileSystem]

ScreenRes.txt file

image.png.0d8f8f65222dbcadd180b86b852be915.png

your video config may be hosed, try unplugging the dmd monitor and see if the the backglass diverts to the 2nd screen.

Another method is to unplug all, then plug in your playfield, the boot.  Then shutdown, plug in your backglass then reboot, then finally do the same with the dmd.

lastly try this.

https://support.displaylink.com/knowledgebase/articles/736116-windows-display-properties-identify-numbers-are

• Like 1

[BACKGLASS]
monitor=1    <<< you have them set to the same number In pinballX settings
x=0
y=-
width=1920
height=720
AutoPositionB2S=True
UseB2S=False
[DMD]
Enabled=True
monitor=1    <<< you have them set to the same number In pinballX settings

so in the midst of all of this lovely configuration the PC gets confused on what needs to go where, so in the registry it just keeps adding new configs and not getting rid of the old ones.  so you'res is overlapping somewhere.

the link i pointed you to has a regedit file that will clean that up, then you can start fresh, by plugging each screen in and letting the PC reconfigure the identities.

47 minutes ago, Calbarn04 said:

rblack97 I think your idea of the video config being hosed (have no idea what that means) could be correct as thebackglass moves to the correct screen when I unplug the dmd monitor. when I plug it back in everything is correct.

Im assuming since you're saying the above your good to go now?  Is everything showing on the right screen now?

23 hours ago, rablack97 said:

your video config may be hosed, try unplugging the dmd monitor and see if the the backglass diverts to the 2nd screen.

Another method is to unplug all, then plug in your playfield, the boot.  Then shutdown, plug in your backglass then reboot, then finally do the same with the dmd.

lastly try this.

https://support.displaylink.com/knowledgebase/articles/736116-windows-display-properties-identify-numbers-are

@rablack97 +1 for this.... was about to mention this next but you beat me to it :-)

@Calbarn04 if all ok please maRK as [RESOLVED]