All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Gameex not recognizing gif files

methodman

I have quite a few commodore game snaps in Gif format, Does Gameex not read those I can't get them to show up in the data base.  Also I have some PNG files and they aren't showing up either.   But I got the emulator to work so that's a good sign.   

What is the best programming book to learn to write a tool like convert it.  If I could automate it by code to do something like look at a romfile name and change the snap file  names to match.  A program like that wouldn't be complicated to write would it?  Whats the best programming language to use?  Common Lisp or Python or Visual Basic or Mathematica?  or instead is it more of a program  like  what like romcenter does.  Is the database files serving the same purpose as the romcenter dat files?  Are the for the same purpose?  Sorry if I am annoying  but I can understand this now so I am asking questions to clarify 

There is also a ImageMagick that allows for use of a command line to convert all . gif to .jpg using the mogrify command. I would definitely recommend Convert-It as a good Swiss Army Knife tool to have for all sorts of conversions for both audio and video.