All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Pinballx wont launch Visual Pinball X Tables [RESOLVED]

Tyboderek

When i select a table to launch, it says loading.  Then the table and backglass are loaded and look great.

Now the problem.  When I press Start the Pinballx menu pops up instead of starting the table.

Tables work fine when launched manually outside of Pinballx.

What am I missing?

It is like Pinballx is still in control and Vpinballx never gets control.

Please help!  Want to surprise my daughter with cabinet this weekend.

please post your pinballx.ini and log file

On business travel.  Will upload files and check mapping tomorrow night.  I think i tried remapping the start key to test with same result but not sure.

Really wierd.  It loads table and menu goes away until I hit start or any key for that matter if memory serves me.  It is like table is ready for run command but pinballx still has control of buttons.

Requested files loaded below.  I have verified the mapping and the focus seems ok.   It is really weird that he Pinballx menu remains overlaid on the playfield after the table is loaded.  For this log. I started Pinballx and selected THE BADCATS TABLE.  The table and backglass looks like it loaded (Pnballx menu was still overlaid).  When I push START it is as if the menu was still active and PINBALLX never gave control to Visual PinballX.

Please HELP!  

Visual Pinball.xml

log.txt

PinballX.ini

9 hours ago, digitalpowertrip said:

I'm having a similar issue. I had a B2S that was not working... but table worked fine. When I finally got it working, my table loses focus and I have to alt tab to it or click on it to get the buttons on my cab to work.

Ya might want to provide copies of your pinballx.ini and log.txt files.

On business travel.  Will upload files and check mapping tomorrow night.  I think i tried remapping the start key to test with same result but not sure.

Really wierd.  It loads table and menu goes away until I hit start or any key for that matter if memory serves me.  It is like table is ready for run command but pinballx still has control of buttons.

Files have been uploaded

10 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

Ya might want to provide copies of your pinballx.ini and log.txt files.

I figured it out.  I had to put:

Sub Table1_exit()
	Controller.Pause = False
	Controller.Stop
End Sub

Into the table script. It was set to True and that made the table wait until the DMD animation finished before the table was active... it was a long animation!

can you post a screen shot of what your seeing.  not sure what menu your referring to that is overlaid over the table.

also let me know if you alt-tab to the playfield if you get the controls to work.

does this happen with all tables or just one?

The pinballx menu is immediately displayed after a table loads.  I see the playfield and the backglass and the table audio plays. Immediately the pinballx is displayed on top of the table and pinballx responds to any keys or buttons pressed like it never got into vpx control.  This happens on any table.  

I uninstalled and reinstalled pinballx tonight eith the same result.  I have invested alot of money in my setup and am getting really upset I cannot get the frontend to launch a table.  Pinballx looks like it is running great until it gets to turning over focus.

Cant for the life of me figure out why the pinballx menu pops back up on top of table.

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP.

On 3/24/2018 at 10:14 AM, rablack97 said:

can you post a screen shot of what your seeing.  not sure what menu your referring to that is overlaid over the table.

also let me know if you alt-tab to the playfield if you get the controls to work.

does this happen with all tables or just one?

I think he requested a screenshot. Might have asked a few specific questions, too.

Dont know to get a screen shot.  Alt tab showsvthe various screens but does not fix issue when i alternate windows.  Happens on all tables.

The playfield is whatever table is selected with the pinballx screen overlaid on top of it.

Well for starters it's not PBX's fault, i requested a screenshot, cause i have no idea what PBX menu your talking about.

Take a few deep breaths, and we will get this figured out, but you have to help us help you, we are assisting blindly as best we can.  We've all got mercedes, benz's and lambo's sitting in our gamerooms and living rooms, so i feel your pain.

Download snag-it or just hit print screen to get a screenshot and post it.

Also what version of PBX are you using, and can you cleanly boot into your tables outside of PBX.

On ‎22‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 6:36 PM, Tyboderek said:

Requested files loaded below.  I have verified the mapping and the focus seems ok.   It is really weird that he Pinballx menu remains overlaid on the playfield after the table is loaded.  For this log. I started Pinballx and selected THE BADCATS TABLE.  The table and backglass looks like it loaded (Pnballx menu was still overlaid).  When I push START it is as if the menu was still active and PINBALLX never gave control to Visual PinballX.

Please HELP!  

Visual Pinball.xml

log.txt

PinballX.ini

Can you please post the log after a session where the issue has actually occurred? Or maybe you did. It looks like you are not actually launching a table. Meaning PinballX did not find a table to launch. This means your paths are wrong or the table file name is wrong. In that log PinballX basically did nothing but shut down the display and initialize it again. Is Bad Cats (Williams ... NN actually the table file name and does it exist in the tables folder you have set? PinballX cant guess your file names and paths. You need to tell it exactly what they are and they need to physically exist.

Thank you so much for responding Tom.  Your product is awesome and this is so frustrating that I am having issues.  The files I posted earlier were from a session when the problem occurred.    The lines below are from my Pinballx.ini file.  They are correct as per my installation.  When I ran setup in Pinballx I actually browsed to the tables to ensure they were correct.  Your comments confirm exactly what I am seeing.  It looks as if the table never launches.  I even uninstalled and reinstalled Pinballx with only two tables and the result remains the same.  Tables run fine when starting from VPinballx.exe.  When I select the table from the PinballX menu, it loads the table and backglass but the Pinballx menu is still overlaid on top of it like it still has control.  If the paths or filenames were incorrect,  I would think it would not know which table and blackglass to load.  Hence by frustration.

WorkingPath=C:\Visual Pinball
TablePath=C:\Visual Pinball\Tables
Executable=VPinballX.exe
Parameters=/play -"[TABLEPATH]\[TABLEFILE]"

I am running two monitors with and external PinDMD3 from virtuapin.  Could this be some kind of PINMAME issue?  IWhen I run PIMMAMECheck (SP?) , it tells me it is unregistered and I am missing the MSSFTMDT.DLL file  (cant remember exact spelling)  Google tells me others have the same issue with no problems).

I am open to any suggestion you may have.

THANK YOU again for trying to help.

rablack97 - it may be tomorrow before I can get you a screen shot.  Gotta help my son move tonight.  Tables run fine when I launch with VPinballX.exe.    I lutilized GAMEMANAGER to add tables to PBX.  Basically the PBX wheel stays overlaid on top of the selected table when I hit PLAY.  It loads the playfield and backglass but the PBX menu is overlaif on top.  When I press a button the RETURN, EXIT, SHUTDOWN at the DEFAULT Filter (70s, 80s, 90s, ALL TABLES, etc.) menu is displayed at the top of the playfield in its normal position

VPauto.exe is not even launching according to your log. Like I said it looks like PinballX is doing absolutely nothing when you launch a table. You should see log entries for what PinballX is launching including VPAuto.exe. It looks like the screen you are referring to is the in game screen which is odd. I think you are mistaken that the backglass etc is loading. I believe this is PinballX loading images. Like I said nothing is launching at all.

Tom - reading some of the forums reference vpauto.exe related to focus issues.  That's why I asked about it and whether it should be running. I have seen the playfield indicate "loading" and then the table appear on the playfield.  I have seen some of my other  log.txt files that have indicated a specific table loading with the same result of PBX menu showing on top of it and appears to be taking the focus.   I agree the log.txt I uploaded doesn't appear to launch a table at all. I have tried ALT-TAB to change screens but that doesn't solve the problem.    

I have also run the VERIFY function in PBX and it indicates Visual Pinball is fine.  Maybe I need to uninstall Pinballx again and do a registry clean before reinstalling.  Maybe the DDRAW variable is set incorrectly in the registry.  I am fairly new at this pinball software but I had good success building a raspberry Pi based arcade so I thought I'd give it a shot.

I really appreciate you help on this.  I am pulling my hair out and dont have much left to pull.