All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Use windows monitor wallpaper as topper logo [RESOLVED]

hairydvd

Could someone please help me.  I have a 3 monitor setup with the following displays :-

Top Monitor : Backglass

Middle Monitor : Topper Video ( top half of screen ), DMD ( bottom half of screen )

Bottom Monitor : Playfield

Using Pinballx to launch Pinball FX2, Pinball FX3 and Mame.  Everything working well and I have set up media for all system wit the help from the FTP site.

One thing I would like to do is currently when a Pinball FX game starts the black glass shows, dmd is controlled by the game and the playfield shows.  When the topper video stops the black desktop wallpaper just shows while in the game.  Is there a way to change the wallpaper on the middle monitor to reflect the table being played.  I could create some images so that the logo of thee game show in the top half as the bottom half would be obscured by the dmd.  A few programs available on the internet are ultramon and display fusion, but If someone has an idea of how I would set them up and how to launch the command line / script with table name arguments it would be very appreciated.

Topper video is playing within pinballx frontend when scrolling through tables.  When I launch pinball fx2 or fx3 the topper video stops playing when game launches.  What I would like to do is launch a program to change the wallpaper on the monitor to show game title as static image where the topper video was.  Hope this makes sense. 

has to be one or the other, you can have a video or a static image continue to show during game play, for example the same video that plays during table selection can play during fx2 or fx3.  For videos fx3 has to be set to borderless window it cannot be fullscreen or the video/backglass video freezes.

image folders override video folders in the media library.