All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Wheel & Game Info Different Layout ?

Rochabian

I use a desktop resolution of 1280X960 on a CRT for Gameex

I use the wheel view as you can see in my screens.

To have a good looking wheel, the list take the entire height and has an horizontal offset  ( the list exceeds the screen width so a part is non visible) . I do this because otherwise the wheel takes half of the screen width

For me it's really looking nice, but when i enter in the game page, the list take the entire height too and i can't see the entire lines of the game info, as a  part is truncated because of the offset.

So my question is :

Can we make two different layouts for game list and for game menu with the same emulator page ?

I just see one .ini wich is "NEC TurboGrafx 16.ini" 

Perhaps can we do a "_gameinfo.ini " ?

Thanks

Sans titre.png

Sans titre2.png

If you were using GameEx Arcade, the answer would be 'No'.

Since you are using GameEx, the answer is 'Yes'. You can have separate screen configurations for practically every screen...however, there is no setting in GameEx to allow for this. The change must be made to the theme in the Theme Editor. I am a novice at the Theme Editor myself, but I believe that you cannot make one configuration for just the emulators. Each will need their own.

Yes, you're right RedDog, 

I already have a layout for each emulator and i know how it works globally. There is a .ini for each module that you want to customize. As you said, it's about the "practicaly every screen" that i was talking about.

For a specific emulator, you can have a layout called "yoursystem".ini , in my case it's called "Nec TurboGrafX 16.ini" . The problem is that this layout is used for 2 pages : the game list page  (with the wheel) and the game info page (where you have "play game", the game description etc) . My question is : can we make a layout for the game list and another for the game info , for the same module (in my case the Nec Turbografx 16 emulator ) ?

In the theme editor, there is no subdivision for these 2 pages, they are ruled by the same layout

I've dug into several Gameex Themes to see if this stuff has been used but no one have this feature so i don't know if it is possible or not.

I have a feeling you are right. I tinkered with the Theme Editor and the ini files and could not see a way to separate the game selection screen with the game information screen.

You could request this as a feature (if it already has not been done), but I have a feeling that it would be a significant change due to it having to impact not only GameEx but the Theme Editor as well.

• Thanks 1

Yes it seems hard to implement this feature in Gameex. Perhaps just an option to change the wheel radius could be sufficient to have  a good looking wheel that didn't take half of the screen (on 4:3 screen )

This has already been requested by you if i remember well, so i just have to wait for modifications, or find another way to customize the layout to achieve what i want.

Thanks !

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rochabian said:

Perhaps just an option to change the wheel radius could be sufficient to have  a good looking wheel that didn't take half of the screen (on 4:3 screen )

That's not a bad idea.  :)