All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Mame controllers how to reset

methodman

I have always easily set up the controllers for Mame, but I have an X arcade stick, and I really don't understand how it might have gone bad.  I bought it when compjters f\were mostly Ps/2 and than I upgraded to the new USB port.  Except that you have to have a PS@/2keyboard to program it.    I pluged in the USB cable, but I no longer own a computer that even has a Ps/2 slot.  Are these things that outdated?  Or is there a work around I can use.  I haven't used it in 5 years because I had no idea how to reprogram it.  I tried setting the defaults in the xarccade book but it isn't responding to anything I do.  I can't believe it is bad so I would like to know how to reset my Mame to the original default controller settings.  Thanks.  Leighton

Probably easy to order via Amazon a ps2 to usb adapter about  £1 GBP. That's what I did for my tankstik.

I went through the exact same thing. I had the old PS/2 X-arcade with a Y-adapter that I had stashed in the closet for a few years. When I brought it out to try with Windows 7 I found that it sometimes lagged or did not respond.

I ended up switching the guts out for an iPac with a new stick and buttons. A few of the guys on these forums were super helpful.