All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Hide DMD/Hide Backglass Game Manager

cherga

I have a 2 screen system and have DMD and Backglass enabled and set to my second display in PinballX. I have both Mame and Visual Pinball setup and functioning. When I configure games in Game Manager I want to hide the Backglass for Mame and hide the DMD for Visual Pinball. When I select hide DMD or hide Backglass in Game Manager there is no effect in PinballX. With both DMD and Backglass enabled in PinballX on the same screen they are stacked on top of each other and hiding either screen in GM doesn’t work. I have the DMD set a little smaller than the Backglass so I can see a part of the Backglass behind the DMD when running PinballX. Am I misunderstanding the purpose of the hide DMD and hide Backglass functions of Game Manager or is this a bug?

I’m a complete noob to VP and have been experimenting with various configs to determine what I like best. I was going to post to another forum but I thought it was unrelated to PinballX but your response makes me think otherwise. Your assumption is correct in how I want things to display in attract mode however I’m struggling with enabling db2s on tables both inside and outside of PinballX. 

Within Game Manager do the settings translate to the way games function both inside and outside of the front end? In my experimenting, I haven’t noticed any of my PinballX changes to games having any effect on the games themselves... I.e. hide DMD or hide backglass when playing directly through VP. I bought my 2-screen system preconfigured. Within game manager the default setup was hide both dmd and back glass but I’ve found that in attract mode all games were displaying the DMD regardless of settings. Thoughts? Ideas? 

Those hide dmd and hide backglass settings instruct PinballX what to do for IN-GAME play after launching into the emulator.

For attract mode for when you are selecting a game, you will want to disable PinMAME and dB2S and use a black screenshot as media or replace the default noDMD image with a black image.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk