All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

I updated from 8.1 to Windows 10, only to be plagued with problems Windows automatically deletes my documents and also the emulations stop accepting joysticks, and the  game files disappear.   Would I be wiser to rollback to Win8.1  or should I do a reinstall of Windows 10 and try to set everything again.  Is Windows 10 good for emulation and games or 8.1 better 7 I think I would have to locate many extra files just to make it  work with my amount of ram and a large hd so 8.1 would be much easier 

My question.  When I let Windows automatically install 10 I didn't lose my 8.1 license did I  if I rollback that will be accepted won't it?

Windows 10 has been a disaster for me on two of my computers so I am loathe to keep using it.  

Windows 10 has been out long enough that I consider it to be a strong platform, as good as Windows 7 or maybe a bit better.

I have not done a Windows Upgrade because I have read that sometimes they create problems fresh installs generally do not have.

If I have read information on the upgrade correctly, your license should be valid for either 8.1 or 10 (but you should do your own checking). I would consider downloading the Windows 10 iso and installing that fresh.

+1 on keeping 10 if you can. I performed tbe 8.1 to 10 upgrade and have had few issues and none of what you describe. It has been more stable than other Windows versions.

Do on your own. LAV codecs are available via search in the downloads. You can search your Windows Control Panel under Programs and Features > Check for updates to see if .Net Framework 3.5 is installed. It should be included with .Net 4.7 but you may have to locate it and uninstall, download & install if still having issues.