All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Disable the flying logos in gameex arcade

DaveStruve

Anybody know if there is a way to disable the default flying background logos/text when there is no background image or video available in gameex arcade? I figured out how to kill it within the emulator setting. But i keep seeing them in random sections of the FE. Id like to just disable that effect across the board and let the theme background live on its own.

No way to kill it. You could put a copy of one of the theme background video into the Video Themes path and name it the same as the ROM which may resolve the issue you are encountering.

I had to tinker with it to figure it out, but you can set a default video background that will be played if a theme video is not found.

For the Mame Settings or the Emulator Setup, set the Video Background to the path video you want shown and place a video there.

Please keep in mind that I only tested with one background video in the folder. Since it worked, I did not test further. I don't know off hand what would happen if you threw several videos in that folder, whether it would choose the 'first' one, randomize, or something else. You can experiment further if you like. GameEx has a lot of if-this-does-not-exist-play-that types of systems and it's not always easy to remember all of them.