All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Hooray!

emphatic

1) it's a radeon 9250 with some custom output circuitry?

2) needs a CRT monitor. no LCDs gonna work :P

seems a good product on paper

some rant: if anyone does a topic like this, please put some indicator of subject in title. thanks

1) it's a radeon 9250 with some custom output circuitry?

2) needs a CRT monitor. no LCDs gonna work :P

seems a good product on paper

some rant: if anyone does a topic like this, please put some indicator of subject in title. thanks

Smiff: The news clearly says that LCD's are supported. But in my opinion, LCD's and arcade games is a no no.

Emph

how are you going to get all those custom timings with an LCD?!

also most LCDs are made for 60hz, or a very limited range..

I don't know how it does it, perhaps you'll have to wait for a review on say, retroblast.com to find out. But I don't think that ultimarc would right out lie, do you?

Emph

i'm not accusing anyone of lying, and i hope it can look good 'cos like most people I have dying CRTs and am moving to LCDs.. i just don't see how it can possibly work right, that's all.

lets suppose it does work.. as everyone knows, LCDs look sh*t at any non-native res.

i dunno, just doesn't make sense to me.

Yeah Smiff, I'm with you on LCD's would be shit for this, and I really wonder how some LCD's and CRT's are going to cope with those refresh rates. I'm not sure the product claims to be for LCD's though, does it?

I would say, that Ultimarc does great stuff and is a good company in every way as far as all my experiences go. So if Andy says he's done it I tend to believe he's done a good job.

We'll have to wait for the retroblast review to be sure though.

PS. Look out for the Arcade-In-A-Box review there coming shortly. Its running GameEx :)