All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Play emulator games online through gameex

Alan Ribas

Good night people.
As the title of this post has already suggested, I wonder if there is any possibility of adding in the future a tool that gives us the possibility to play the games of our emulators online through the gameex interface?
It is possible? Or is it not possible !? Would such a project have any foresight to appear? OR would not have any prediction! ??

Whatever you can tell me about it I would be very grateful.

I play online through RetroArch sometimes, but I have no idea how we would even begin trying to make that functional in GameEx unless someone knows of a command-line approach. And even then, that would only be for RetroArch.

OK, I found this earlier today. It looks like netplay for MAme/MESS was worked on for GameEx, but interest was so lackluster that it was dropped in 2013.

In any case, like Adultery pointed out, netplay is available through various platforms at various versions. If you REALLY want netplay, there are other avenues available.

I have no idea how retroarch works. And how to implement this natively in gameex. However as we see specific configurations for some emulators within the gameex, such as the mame, Daphne, etc .... It would not be easier to create a configuration within this part of settings in the gameex that already took advantage of the internet tools that are already inserted inside of the emulator itself ??? Most of the emulators we use bring you the possibility of playing your games on LINE ..So instead of creating this tool to play online gameex would simply integrate a little more to the emulator that brings in itself tools for games on LINE ?? this way would not be easier? Please answer me because I am not a programmer ... so I can only imagine ...:lol:

Well the easiest way with the least amount of overhead is to set it up like any emulator and just change the command line.

Idon't have a ton of time for projects these days (lately I've been more about playing games, which I haven't really done in the years I've been in this hobby), but this would be a cool way to take advantage of the new modules option @Tom Speirs added a few revisions ago...