All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

videos instead of pictures

killerbay

Hi guys, I just bought a year of this and I was wondering how I get gameplay videos to show instead of screenshots of the mame games.  Does it download them for me or do I need to find them to use them.

Thanks in advance,

Ki

Edited by tthurman
Moved to GameEx>General

Hi Killerbay,

Videos will not download automatically. Just graphic assets like snapshots and logos. You will need to get videos yourself.

You may want to check out the Sync program at emumovies.com. As a guest, you can download 250 Megs a day or unlimited if you purchase a subscription. Subscribers do get access to higher res videos, but the lower res ones are still nice to have if they work for your setup. They also release updates every so often. I use emumovies sync to check for new content once in a while.

Also, you posted to the GameEx Evolution > General forum instead of the regular GameEx forum. Evolution has not yet been released yet (though it is getting there). If you have other GameEx questions, please post them to the GameEx > General forum. I have asked for this thread to be moved.

Untitled.png.8345bd75660e28febfab1232af1b7c95.png

So when you have downloaded all your videos just add the path in mame ( video snap path ) and it will show videos instead of static pictures... the beauty
is if you miss a video it will still use the static picture.