All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Dragon Spirit

Holy Hitbox on your character!!!  The biggest one I've ever seen!

That is frustration. 

I'm kicking ass with some crazy, 3 headed dragon.  A bullet nicks the far outside edge of one of my wings travelling at about a half a mile an hour and I die!!  

This game stretches reality in many ways!

Still fun though.

Back to the console.  I can hear Luigimaker laughing at me in an ominous tone......

• Like 1

On 3/10/2018 at 12:43 PM, hansolo77 said:

Thanks for the confidence boost.  I'm sure I'll make the right choice in the end.  It's just my anxiety getting in the way of doing the things needed now.  Good score though, a lot better than mine!

Updated OP, DB, RSS

I use the online car sites now to figure out what I could afford and where to go.  Sort by price and distance and start to see which one wows me!   Then I check out the things you mentioned.  I found another site that helped my last decisions on my last car purchase last year.  This is not the exact link but it gives you an idea.

https://www.yourmechanic.com/article/the-most-and-least-expensive-cars-to-maintain-by-maddy-martin

Then go test drive

Yeah have fun with this

• Like 1

@rtkiii - I have 2 problems.  #1, I'm not picky enough.  I'd settle for anything, and dealers can pick up that vibe and will push for something I either don't want or don't need.  #2, my anxiety blocks from me going "all in" and make a definitive decision.  So at the end of the day, I'm no better off than I was when I started.  It's going to end up with me settling on something just to resolve the issue, and getting stuck with something I'm not happy with.  Until that day comes, I'm going to keep working and saving.

@Mame Offender - Yeah I die too much to enjoy this game.  I have no skills.  I made it to the first level boss and died instantly.  I don't like having 2 hits and death.  There needs to be a bigger health bar I think.  Good score though, thanks for keeping the competition exciting! :)

Updated OP, DB, RSS

Yep that game is not easy.  As usual..i made about 20k the 2nd try then not more points for 5 or 6 retry later.  Is that strange ?  This happen to me often.  

That game need good hand muscle tought.  Need fast shot and movement to get it.  But with some pratice...probably i will saved my mouvement for just the right spot.

Hey Patfx!  Glad to see you could make it!

I am confident that you will be up there with a decent score in no time. 

While this game seems daunting at first, it is a shooter that doesn't rely so much on maneuverability.  It is really hard to dodge bullets sometimes because of the sheer size of your character.  But the bullets are generally slow moving.  With a little time, the gamer will eventually get somewhere on DS.

Anyhow, enough talking.  Time to get a few in before work!

MO

12 hours ago, hansolo77 said:

@rtkiii

@Mame Offender - Yeah I die too much to enjoy this game.  I have no skills.  I made it to the first level boss and died instantly.  I don't like having 2 hits and death.  There needs to be a bigger health bar I think.  Good score though, thanks for keeping the competition exciting! :)

I have been in and out of the GameEx arena for over 4 years now.  Almost 100 games later, I still enjoy this site immensely!

Even with a fluctuation in attendance, this site proves to be resilient enough to keep trucking along.  

Now, to the gaming console, Robin!!

Batman

• Like 2

14 hours ago, hansolo77 said:

@rtkiii - I have 2 problems.  #1, I'm not picky enough.  I'd settle for anything, and dealers can pick up that vibe and will push for something I either don't want or don't need.  #2, my anxiety blocks from me going "all in" and make a definitive decision.  

Updated OP, DB, RSS

Yeah my buddy was like that.  Went out to buy a truck and bought a Explorer Limited Edition Eddie Bauer...WTF?  :)  That is why I suggest the online route first...no one is there to bug you or pressure you.  You just look casually until you find something.  Compare mileage and prices...then once you find something that grabs go to the lot.  I am not the person who haggles or anything like that but I find if i go in knowing what I want then all I do is test drive and if I like it, buy it, if not....I do not.  

Sorry to keep going off topic  :)

Yes this game is tricky.

• Like 1

Yeah, this game is a bit of an adjustment from the typical vertical shooter in that the size of your character makes it feel like you have nowhere to go.  But once you get used to it, it's not so bad--you just have to make small, precise movements.  

The ground targets are a pain in the arse because they fill the screen with slow-moving bullets that you have to dodge.  So, I think it's a good strategy to take those out ASAP.  It helps to learn the layout of the levels so you know where the targets will appear, which enables you fly to the top of the screen and take them out early.  Another thing is it takes some practice to efficiently switch between shooting air targets and ground targets.  I think there is probably a tendency to continuously mash both buttons simultaneously because it feels easier, but this is a bad strategy because the game doesn't let you fire both weapons at the same time--I learned this the hard way.  

• Like 1

All sound right ! I could add this. Not miss any target ground or not are sometimes a very bad strategy in some vertical shooter. Since target come back until not shooting. Not seem the case in that game. Also...take out everything doesnt look to give more points. Well, this is what i observe so far. Maybe i will change later with more and more practice.

Envoyé de mon SM-G920W8 en utilisant Tapatalk

• Like 1

1521287176475249254359.thumb.jpg.e7fd648c481459c2087562406bd9d701.jpg

C'mon guys.  Are you trying to tell me that is not awesome?

You guys are right.   There isn't much chance of manoeuvring with the enormous character all built up with strength. 

So what I try to do is two things:

1.  Give up on bomb targets when I sense there is no chance for me to bomb them.

2.  Destroy everything as soon as possible. 

That's kind of why this game has grown on me.  The great sound track merged with fine graphics and massive Dragon weaponry.  Your job is simple:  Build your weaponry to massive proportions and destroy everything without putting yourself in impossible situations to get out of.  It's challenging, but not incredibly difficult.  How can you not like this game?

I've played 6 or 7 this morning and nowhere close to advancing.

MO

21 hours ago, Cynicaster said:

Another thing is it takes some practice to efficiently switch between shooting air targets and ground targets.  I think there is probably a tendency to continuously mash both buttons simultaneously because it feels easier, but this is a bad strategy because the game doesn't let you fire both weapons at the same time--I learned this the hard way.  

I noticed that too.  The game will only allow a certain amount of shots combined.  

You guys are just too good.  I tried playing this a bit again on my day off yesterday, couldn't even make it to the 2nd stage still.  Then for fun, I noticed the PC-Engine version is available over at RetroAchievements, so I play a bit on that.  I got farther but still suck.  The PCE version is different in that stage layout is different, there aren't nearly as many enemies on the screen, and it seems to run a little slower to let you dodge better.  But like I said, I still suck.  :)  I think this game was also available on the NES.  I'll have to check that one out too.

Updated OP, DB, RSS.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow.

I thought I was going to strut in and plop this 6 figure score on the boards and take the lead!  

No sir, Pluto.

Ps.  I'm having a blast playing Dragon Spirit.  Great shooter.

1522150664090300492997.jpg

Sorry folks, MO is having a hard time getting to the 4th board.

This is all I could muster this AM.

Off to play DK, hombre.

15224931903621309438238.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Congratulations to our March-April 2018 GOTM Winner Cynicaster!  We didn't get as many players this time around compared to other games.  But that's ok.  Thank you to all who did participate.  And thank you too who suggested this game for our competition!  Just as a friendly reminder, you can still play this game and post scores even though the primary competition is over.  In fact, we encourage you to continue playing and beat our GOTM winner!

See you all in the next competition: Xevious!