All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Launching PC Games from PinballX

cherga

Hi all, I'm trying to add some Windows PC Games to PinballX. I've read some older threads using convoluted methods to launch/exit games from a couple years ago and wanted to see if there is a more straight forward approach at this point. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

6 hours ago, cherga said:

Hi all, I'm trying to add some Windows PC Games to PinballX. I've read some older threads using convoluted methods to launch/exit games from a couple years ago and wanted to see if there is a more straight forward approach at this point. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

For me I had to setup and use Rocket Launcher to launch my PC Games from Pinball X. Did the same thing for running MAME via Pinball X that way I could also use the bezels that people ( like me who use Rocket Launcher)  like to make.

You then configure Rocket Launcher to use Pinball X as its default Frontend. It saw all my systems from Pinball X including my PC system. All I then had to do was setup the PC "emulator" in Rocket Launcher, which is PCLauncher, and I set it up as a virtual emulator. Job Done.

check this out that @TerryRed did

Another alternative is to use GameEx Arcade for PC and emulated systems in conjunction with PinballX launching via the LauncherX app. The is great if you are running on a non-cab setup.

Finally got RocketLauncher with pclauncher setup correctly and I'm able to launch pc games from PinballX however my next issue has me stumped which is getting the screen to rotate on the PC Games. They launch fine and are in fullscreen landscape mode however I'm using a vertical cabinet so I need the screen rotated to portrait upon launch. I've monkeyed with rocketlauncher settings for a couple of days with no luck. Any thoughts or insight is appreciated. Thanks!