All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Are the animations for each game rather than each platform?

FlightRisk

The menus in HyperSpin seem to have the fancy flash(?) animations for each platform. When you select one, it goes to the games screen where the wheel just shows a video snap. GameEx seems backwards to that. You have a very simple menu with images or maybe snaps (haven't gotten that far yet) and then the game is where it shows the flashy animated screns. Do I have that right? What theme or downloads make 1941 for example look like it does in the Youtube Video with planes that fly in from the size and the propeller "spins"?

By way of background, I have a RetroPie setup with RetroArch and EmulationStation which I love. But I want to experiment with controlling RGB LED buttons, the fancy (flash?) animations, wheel art, etc. I have been playing with RetroArch with LaunchBox and HyperSpin. Pretty good, but I like the way GameEx gives you similar games, game in the same family, easy access to the control display (without having to use pause in RocketLauncher.

Hyperspin is using full screen video backgrounds. GameEx can certainly use the same video backgrounds if the theme was made to support them (themes that were not created to use full screen background videos may look odd or just bad).

If you are using GameEx Arcade Edition and have the video background assets, I believe all you need to do is set the Video Theme path in the MAME Settings for Mame and the Emulator Section for emulators and you are set. To go an extra step, if you want a system video to play when no theme video is present, set the Video Background to a system video.

If you need video themes, I believe they can be found on Emumovies. There may be other sources as well.

...Edited to fix a few errors...

• Like 1