All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

DmdExt set up with PBFX3

dazzlaa

Hey guys,

Could anyone offer advice on getting dmdext working with pinball fx 3? I have followed freezys directions of github upto the part where, in command window I put dmdext mirror --source=pinballfx2 --no-virtual. at this point I am shown several DMD errors within command window so I am pretty sure its not correct in what I am doing.

Regards

Ahh yes I have actually been putting fx3... Its like it doesn't connect to fx3. My command window seems to only want to work within the current working directory. I have to change directory to the Vpinmame folder just to make "dmdext test" work.

Sorry, I know this is unrelated to Pinball X! :)

Thanks for the help.

I created a dmd.bat inside the dmdext folder that looks like this-

dmdext mirror --source=pinballfx3 --position 0 0 1024 272 --destination=virtual --virtual-dotsize .8  --virtual-position 5760 0 1366 350 --quit-when-done

Your virtual-position will be different than mine.  1st # is how many pixels from your playfield monitor, #2 is how many pixels down, #3 is width of your dmd screen, and #4 is height of screen.

If you haven't made a .bat file, let me know.

In PinballX setup under Pinball FX3 I have a lauch before enabled

Put in the path of dmdext, enter the dmd.bat fpr tje executable

I think I had launch before hide window to Yes.  I don't know as I don't use it anymore because my Launch before setting are taken up by DOFLinx