All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Pinballfx3 this launches twice

kaillros

Hi 

I've a problem with pinball fx3, my problem it's Pinballfx3 launch twice =/ 

I run a table (Back To The Futur or orther table) i play, but when a quit the game is leaving BUT the game is still active in the background in the taskbar... How to solve this problem? and i can't launch directly a table... i've always this message "connecting press "A" to retry or "B" for skip" ... 

My Log and PinballX.ini 

PinballFx3 no steam version, Pinballx 2.62 and Pinballfx3 update with Jurassic Park table 

Thank 

log.txt

PinballX.ini

[PinballFX3]
Enabled=True
WorkingPath=C:\Pinball FX3
Executable=Pinball FX3.exe
Parameters=-applaunch 442120 [TABLEFILE]
Process=
Rotate=False
LaunchBeforeWaitForExit=False
LaunchBeforeHideWindow=False
LaunchAfterWaitForExit=False
LaunchAfterHideWindow=False

I'm assuming your running this with no internet connection.  Last I heard Zen was going to look into an update to where it only looks for an internet connetion once and then you can opt out.  Also it has been recommended that PBX should be run using the steam version.

Also how are you exiting the game, with the PBX exit button or are you doing it through the FX 3 options.

This =  i've always this message "connecting press "A" to retry or "B" for skip"

Is because your not connected to the internet, that won't go away.  That's the nag screen I requested to Zen to have an option to remove for non-internet cabinets.  PBFX3 loadups are not very smooth on non-internet based cabs.

However you might try this.

In (Steam Directory)/config, open the loginusers.vdf text file and change SkipOfflineModeWarning from "0" to "1".  You might also want to change WantsOfflineMode from "0" to "1".  Then, build a Startup folder shortcut that launches Steam as follows: "Steam.exe -offline -silent" 

After updating loginusers.vdf, you'll want to make it read-only or Steam will set the parameters back. 

Also if you are runninng cabinet mode the parameter should be

-applaunch 442120 "-table_[TABLEFILE]"

Set the Wait for to at least 20 secs

Check your keyboard setting in the PBX setting manager, Tom made some updates there, make sure your keys are still mapped as appropriate.